SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turkey2

Help with layout!

turkey2
5 years ago

SO after working with two "designers" (and you're all correct,cabinet sellers are not designers) and one real designer (too busy to do anything other than a quick consult), we are without cabinets or a decision on layout! Our contractor has to move forward, but can pause and wait for cabinets. But walls, floors, windows, pipes, etc. are all going in right away. So the plumber and electrician are arriving and I'm not sure where to direct them. Anyway, here are our layout choices. I'm leaning toward the one with the stove on the big wall, but really not sure. I just did these up in IKEA as that what was available. The kitchen will be open to the dining room (left) and a little sitting room/ eating area (right) -also the way to the back door.

Any thoughts?

This layout would have a beverage center on A wall, with a small sink and a big blank island. There's also two glass cabinets on A wall. Stove is between two large view windows. We really could only fit a 30" range.

I didn't know how to put anything around the fridge, but it would be in a cabinet.

This layout seems to follow the work triangle. And we could have a bigger range I know some spaces need to be wider, Ikea is super hard for me to work with.

I am a little worried that the way to outside is kinda through the work area, although we had that before and it was just fine. It also lacks a little storage, especially in terms of high cabinets as most would be shelves. The designer suggested using a nearby closet we don't use well. I am not familiar with having the washing up area so removed from the cooking area. Does this work for people? I am happy to put dishes in drawers. and use shelves or get high cabinets if need be. This is what real designer thought would work best. I do like that we don't have to mess with our windows to facilitate the range.

The last option would be to place the cooktop in the island. But I hate hood fans and fancy discrete ones are so expensive.

Any thoughts? What would you do? Any experiences with kitchens with a clean up zone?

Comments (7)