SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spiralgirl3

Stove for 1935 Tudor in Seattle

Becky Norton
5 years ago

In the process of a complete gut redo of the kitchen of my 1935 brick Tudor, but still trying to keep with a vintage Tudor/English feel. I had settled on the Aga Legacy almost a year ago. We are 4 months into our renno and went to order the appliances yesterday only to find out the Legacy line has been discontinued in the color I wanted! I'm now in a scramble to find a replacement. I want something with a vintage feel, with the least amount of stainless steel as possible. Looking at matte black with copper accents if available (Tudor Home, so going with copper range hood & sink). I'm also cook quite a bit, so as well as form & need something that functions well. I've narrowed down the following and just want folks opinions how how they work day to day functionality.

• BlueStar Platinum - seems to be the top choice for professional cooks, however I still has that square modern feel and even if you customize the color there still is quite a bit of stainless steel to it
  • La Cornue Albertine - middling reviews and some comments about the quality at the price point. Lots of people also seem to favor the Lacanche over La Cornue, but the lead time there is at least 6 months and we are hoping to be back in our home by the holidays.
  • Bertazzoni Heritage - again middling reviews on the cooking performance

Comments (17)