SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gthigpen

Help me pick stone for my house

gthigpen
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

As some of you know, my DH and I have been slowly plugging along, finishing projects big and small on our new build. Next big project is to get stone on our foundation walls. I need help in narrowing down what might work. We visiting a stone veneer showroom yesterday and the salesperson sent us some options that she thought might work with our house. The pics she sent were meant for style only, not necessary color. Any style we pick can come in virtually any color. I'm leaning toward keeping with a gray color stone as it would coordinate with our gray house and we'll be installing Pennsylvania bluestone on the floor of our covered back porch.

Front of house. Very bottom of column posts will be wrapped in stone and you can see a small part of the foundation wall in the garage section. Note that the porch will have a white railing. We have completed the assembly and painting of each railing section, just not the install yet. :)

Close up of the walls on the garage section.

East wall which shows a larger expanse of the foundation wall.

Back of house (slightly older pic). Again excuse the junk and tools in the yard. We have an assortment out at all times while we finish up various projects. The covered porch floor and stair treads will be bluestone. The stone veneer will need to cover the raised porch walls and stair risers.

And the pics the stone salesperson sent us. Focus on the style, not necessarily the color. Any favorites?

And then she threw in a brick as an option.

TIA!

Comments (35)