SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22590553

fur blanket - ebay question

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I bought a used Pottery Barn fur blanket off ebay. It was described as Clean condition, very nice, item has been laundered. In the description after fur throw it said 'soft brown....' Looking at the listing now I don't know if they were saying the blanket was soft or if they were describing the color as a soft brown. There are both lighter and darker shades of brown in the blanket. Bottom line, the blanket isn't soft at all. It feels really gross and filmy. I have another PB fur throw that I bought new, washed, and it's still nice so this definitely wasn't laundered properly. I'd guess maybe dryer sheets and heat were involved. Tag says, cold/gentle cycle/no heat. There's also a few areas where the fur appears more matted together. Very small sections where the one darker fur color is. Again, I say melting. I actually took a fine bristle cat brush and went over a few of those areas and it helped though fur came out on the brush. The middle section of the blanket looks the best but the whole thing feels coarse.

Looking at the photos again I can see some areas where there was the matting but it wasn't that I missed it. I don't feel it was properly represented. Honestly I could get past the matting but I don't want to snuggle up with this blanket and I think washing it again will only make it worse.

The sellers has over 2,000 ratings and 100% feedback. The ebay listing says money back, seller pays return shipping. Does this mean I also get my shipping cost back? The total was $60 with $25 of it being for 2 day USPS shipping. Also keep in mind the fact that I took a brush to a few areas. I didn't hurt anything but I did technically try and fix it. Maybe the seller truly never owned one before and thought it was a nice blanket. I would have no second thoughts returning this to a store but feel bad on the rare occasion I run into this on ebay.
Thoughts?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida