SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Pottery Barn faux fur throws...

User
10 years ago

I did a bunch of 'fun shopping for me' today with a friend and had a blast.

At one point, we were in a Pottery Barn outlet and I considered buying a faux fur throw (frosted taupe mink) for $80. It felt so lovely and cozy and I could see DH and I squabbling over it ;). 1000x's nicer nicer than my cheap fur throw. We had much shopping ahead and I left without it.

Well my fun money is all gone and I'm totally kicking myself in the butt for not buying it. I'm sitting here thinking how I'd rather have that than this, this, and...you get thet idea.

Are they really that great? It's just a blanket. Please tell me they're over priced and fall apart, lol.

*sniffle* Ohhhh, so soft....

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by sheesharee on Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 2:02

Comments (37)

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

As far as returns, I also wanted to mention, it's so far away that it would actually be cheaper to order one, full price, online.

• Related Discussions

faux fur throws

Q

Comments (29)
    chemocurl, does your throw drape nicely around you, or is it sort of stiff? Oh, there is nothing stiff about it at all and I like that it is oversized at 50" X 66" and is machine washable. It's the softest thing I have felt (on both sides) in my whole life. When I leave it laying on the couch, my puppy dog likes to make himself a nest in it. I ended up buying 7 of them, and will keep 2 of them and give 5 as gifts. I know they will be well received and loved for their warmth and softness. That's really a good sale price too. It looks nice and I'm thinking of buying one. I'll bet after you get it, that you end up ordering another one, or more.
    ...See More

Advice on accent pillow/throw colors

Q

Comments (13)
    I feel like I want to 'push' your furniture back a bit. It's like you're trying to fit everything on the rug and it looks squished. give everything some breathing room. you've got some beautiful pieces in there. very nice room. the color opposite gold/mustard on the wheel is purple. I think any tones of purple, aubergine, violet, would look very nice and compliment what you have. as for the wall above the bench, something like this artwork would be a nice addition: https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Blissliving-Home-Aya-Purple-and-Metallic-Print-Cotton-Decorative-Pillow/14193588/product.html?TID=QV2:VIEWALLDETAILS
    ...See More

fur blanket - ebay question

Q

Comments (10)
    The shipping was their choice. They listed a FedEx Ground standard delivery for the $25 and the slightly higher option (that wasn't the amount in my listing that I paid for) was Expedited Shipping USPS. When I received the tracking number it looked like shipped it economy USPS (I've run into sellers that say they were going to ship things one way and then ship cheaper and it takes longer) so I contacted her and the 2 day was apparently cheaper according to her. This one is a color they don't carry anymore. I've been wanting one for a while and stumbled upon a new one on ebay about a week before and while I was double thinking if I really needed another blanket....someone bought it. Annoying with myself I did a search a few days later and found this one. My other PB blanket is more matted now from washing than it used to be but it's still soft. This one looks and feels like it needs a deep conditioning treatment! FWIW, my Tahari one is nicer than the PB ones. (I may have a blanket problem.)
    ...See More

Pottery Barn Vent...And it’s Featured on The Cover.

Q

Comments (30)
    Ta da!!! With great thanks to Bluebell, the PB throw is being packed up in a store far from me to go off to UPS, and onward to my home!!! It was $20 more than the price listed last, but that was reduced to sale price . When I told...and you KNOW I had to ...Maribeth, my wonderful helper, “our” story of Bluebell and the forum, she said she got goosebumps. My exact phrase! This is a great place, and BBell, THANK you!!!! A grateful Marti
    ...See More
  • ellendi
    10 years ago

Shee, first, let's pretend that the outlet one had a defect that you didn't notice but would have bothered you had you brought it home.
    Next, order it online. There are so few things out there that actually thrill us. Go for it. Is your smile worth the price difference.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

I have one and it's awesome in winter! It doesn't shed, and I've washed it in the machine (and dryer) several times and it comes out looking great every time. Just do it. Mine is maybe 3 years old? Hopefully they're making them the same way now.

My dogs love it, too, which is why I've had to wash it so many times.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Golddust - I wish I had your Costco. I actually shop at Costco then! :)

Ellen - Right. You have to watch things at the outlet and it was all wrapped up. I'm one of those people that really checks stuff out but I'm not sure if I would've thought to look at the throw (when we got to the parking lot). And you're also right about when something thrills us.

Sueb - "I have one and it's awesome in winter!" Ha, just how I imagined it to be! I can picture snuggling up with that throw! I'm glad to hear it washes nice since the tags says best to dry clean. I have a feeling DS and the cats would also be fighting for it.

I still feel the same way about the throw today as I did yesterday so I'm going to treat myself to one. I'm not sure which one it actually was. Based off their website, I'm guessing it was the Ombre color. I think the one in the store was a little different though. I may call them.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

Go for it, I've had mine a few years now and, not only is it decorative, but I love to cuddle in it.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

I have two of these in the link, the brown and the white and they are much heavier and nicer than the PB ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Throw

• patty_cakes
    10 years ago

Got mine at Target a few years ago, $30. They seem to bring them back every year so must be a popular item.

Maybe you can wait until Christmas and put it on your list of wants~give list to DH or buy for DH! ;o)

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

I have the King sized bed version and LOVE IT. I worked at PB years ago and it was a late season return. I think I paid 30 dollars for it. It is so snuggly and heavy. We will use it in the winter, maybe just at the end of the bed if I ever find bedding I like.

Beth P.

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

I think this is the kind of blanket our daughter told us about when she was stationed in S.Korea. I forgot all about having her get me one. Know anyone stationed in S.Korea? I hear they are very inexpensive there even with shipping.

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Just saw this Sheesh and thought you might want to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: faux mink with high rating lower price

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yaya - Good, it sounds like yours is holding up well too.

Bumble - Overstock! Remember back when I was working on my bedroom I was looking into fur blankets? By the time I was about done with the room the budget was gone and I ended up buying a cheap mink throw for the end of the bed instead of that one. I was looking for that today but was thinking Amazon for some reason.
    I'm assuming you've felt the PB one too? I really like the mink blanket but think I want something with longer fur and more dimension. This throw will be used in the LR.
    Thanks for the link!

Patty - I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. Yeah, I'm going to buy one but it will have to be closer to Christmas at this point. DH is trying to figure out why I want another blanket. I told him he'll see. :)

Bethpen - Now ya'll aren't doing a good job telling me this thing feels like scratchy sewer rat fur, ha! Although I already know it's dreamy soft.

Justgotabeme - Hmm.. nope, I don't know anyone in S. Korea.
    Thanks for the link! I'll do some review reading then.

I said mink but I don't believe it was supposed to be 'mink'. And it had more of a reddish, gray, silver look than brown /orange. I'd take one with the brown/orange. I got side tracked and never did call to ask them today.

I'm a big fan of the ones in the link attached, but I'm getting up there in price now for a blanket I'm going to snuggle in to watch tv.

Here is a link that might be useful: Long hair fur throw.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here it looks like the same thing as my last link, but cheaper. *Edit - It's the same thing. This one is just smaller.

I just want to hug it.
    Yep, gonna buy me a furry blanket.

Here is a link that might be useful: Throw

This post was edited by sheesharee on Fri, Oct 4, 13 at 2:31

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Oh Goodie, you found one!

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Aren't the PB fur throws on sale right now?

Just two more cents from me: I have the PB one and then also ordered one from somewhere else -- maybe One Kings Lane or something -- a year or so ago, and the second one is nowhere near as nice as the PB one I have. The PB one is totally soft, whereas the other one is much more stiff. When I fold it, it's almost like there's some stiff 'something' inside it. Really not a nice feeling at all.

With all this talk, now I want one for my bed. Mmmm.

• Jbrig
    10 years ago

Shee, like sueb said, all throws are 20% off + free shipping at PB right now, according to an email I got this morning... Sale ends Mon, Oct 7. :-)

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cool, thanks I didn't know that. Anyone know, do they run sales on the throws often or is this a really good deal from them? The holidays are right around the corner.

Now I'm not sure if I want one from PB or one of the fluffy ones from Overstock.

I like how the PB one felt but the fur look shorter than I remember it being IRL. I don't care for the look of the Ombre one online. In the photo showing them on the line, which throw do you think is the 2nd from the left?

I never felt the ones from Overstock and I like...pretty much all of them but the raccoon.

The ones from O say dry clean only.

If I sign up for PB emails I get another $10 that I think I can use for this. Maybe it can't be combined with any other sales.

Hmm...

Here is a link that might be useful: throw

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

So I ordered the Overstock long fur throw I link to above. I'm so disappointed and am returning it. It looks very realistic, but feels super coarse and sheds. I really thought the reviews mentioning the rough texture were exaggerations.

I was debating between a fur pillow or fur throw. If you followed my pillow thread I was going to order RH's rectangle mink pillow. Two fur things is too much (for me). I think I'd rather have a throw than another pillow that ends up on the floor.

I'm probably going to go with the Pottery Barn mink. How incredibly soft it was is what drew me in to begin with.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok help me please. The PB Caramel Ombre...
    The 2nd photo looks like the 3rd throw in the 3rd photo.
    I like the look of the SECOND throw in the 3rd photo.

I also see other places (ebay) there's one described as Caramel Ombre and Frosted Taupe. Is the Frosted Taupe different than the Caramel and one PB no longer carries?

I should probably contact PB, but thought I'd ask here.

Edit - I'm assuming the 3rd throw is the wolf. Either way the caramel ombre still apparently has a subtle stripe look and I just don't care for the 'ombre' I suppose. For that reason, I'm strongly considering from Restoration Hardware.

Also found this article about faux fur pillows. Yes, I'm just typing my thoughts out. I dislike having to mess with returns through the mail.
    http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-lh-fur-faux-fur-pillows-20121214,0,4611752.photogallery#axzz2mYDXtrnv

Here is a link that might be useful: PB throw

This post was edited by sheesharee on Wed, Dec 4, 13 at 18:27

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I got throws and cushion covers in lynx, I can attest that they are super soft and don't shed !!!

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Man, I just lost what I typed.

I ended up ordering a PB throw in Frosted Taupe (new) off ebay. I called PB customer service and the girl was nice but couldn't tell me if it was a discontinued color. Thanks to people taking terrible photos for ebay, I wasn't sure. (note - I know I saw that was the color when I started this thread but that was only based off a quick search when I got home that day.) Digging more I found it is discontinued and I'm pretty sure the one I saw at the outlet was this color.

I noticed the gram weights of the throws vary on PB's site. The Lyne is higher. I think the Caramel Ombre appears to have a shorter pile than the Frosted Taupe I ordered.

As for RH, I found a bunch of terrible in store reviews as well as online. That was a turn off. Also their fur pile appeared shorter.

I'm looking forward to curling up in this throw. At least I know this one will be SOFT and won't shed!

This post was edited by sheesharee on Thu, Dec 5, 13 at 1:59

• polly929
    10 years ago

These throws are on sale today only with free shipping at pottery barn if anyone else wants one.

• peegee
    10 years ago

Last year I found my mink throw at Homegoods or Marshalls; LOVE LOVE LOVE it, but didn't use it much and so haven't washed it yet, which for me will be the real test. Mine was somewhere from $19 - 29.

• peegee
    10 years ago

Another double post. Geesh,,,

This post was edited by peegee on Fri, Dec 20, 13 at 23:21

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I received my throw today. The color is great (not sure if it's the one I saw IRL or not) but itâÂÂs not as luxurious as the one I recall. I mean, when I touched the one at the outlet I was likeâ¦OOOooooâ¦. and it was the first time I ever considered dropping that much money on a throw blanket. The fur is shorter on this one. IâÂÂm not going to return it because of the return shipping and a restocking fee. IâÂÂm debating if I should resell and try something else. The tag says OUTLET so IâÂÂm wondering if it was there because itâÂÂs not as soft. ? Is that really a possibility? I would hope they keep it to the edges not being straight and that sort of thing. I keep running my fingers through the fur hoping it feels different, lol. *sigh* It's not funny really.

Edit - Ok actually is does feel softer now. Before opening, I was outside in the freezing cold for about a 1/2 and was still thawing when I came in. I didn't think that could really make a difference.

This post was edited by sheesharee on Wed, Dec 11, 13 at 16:24

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

Did you order it from their outlet Sheesh? If not I would think they'd have to take it back as being inferior to what you expected.

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

No, I ordered it new off ebay since the color is discontinued and PB doesn't carry it anymore in store. I actually think the reason for my disappointment stems from the fact that the fur isn't as long as the one I saw at the outlet - and I'm betting that's because it was a different throw. I apparently have a thing for long faux fur.

I've decided to keep it. It is really nice and I like the color. Certainly doesn't feel like coarse dog fur like that other throw.

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

I bet it was the initial shock being that you had seen the other one and had those expectations. I hope you come to love it.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Coarse dog fur! LOL Glad you've decided to keep it!

tina

• lv_r_golden
    10 years ago

an FYI update.....I was just at Costco and they have Faux Fur throws for $14.99 - available in several colors. 58x74in I am in the greater San Diego area - don't know if that made for the low price. They seemed soft, no binding but had lining that matched the top in color. I picked up a dark brown one to try.

• lv_r_golden
    10 years ago

ok, should have opened it before posting.....it is very soft, but has square quilting.....not the look of pelts.....for the price, I may use it somewhere but it may go back.....

• User
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi! I haven't been around much, sorry.
    I tend to get tunnel vision at times and think I was just too focused on THAT throw that I left and will never see again. I do really like it. It's really soft and the color works well in the LR; especially since I repainted. I'm glad I bought it. Everyone else seems to really like it too. I wanted to post a photo but am having internet issues right now.

• suzie1247
    8 years ago

I have bought 3 PB faux fur throws this year and they were way above quality of any I have seen any where. Super soft and cozy. They are thick a and cozy after I bought one I had to have more. They were on sale.

• nosoccermom
    8 years ago

i bought their fur booties (also on sale). Very nice and soft.

• mto3
    8 years ago

Which style do most of you prefer? PB is a bit of a haul from my house and the throws are on sale today online. Would love a recommendation.

• DYH
    8 years ago

Last winter, even though I knew I was selling my house due to my husband's death, I need a "perk me up" quick decorating to brighten up the family room.

I bought an aqua faux fur from West Elm (same company as Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma) and it is wonderful! Mine is lined with a lower nap on the reverse side. I'm using it here in my 1939 renovation house, too. My poodle and I still love it.

• lascatx
    8 years ago

You could also look at Arhaus. Theirs went on sale last week. I was looking at them because most are only 60" long but the Arhaus are 70" long. They are also wider (60" vs most at 50"). Also look at whether you can wash them or have to dry clean. The Arhaus ones can be mashine washed gentle, but the store emphaised to only dry on LOW heat. They had another customer who learned they will melt and matt if you use too high a heat setting.