SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_54723916463

Wolf vs. Thermador ovens and what features to look for.

Jon M
5 years ago

Hi,

My wife wants a double oven and I found a wolf DO30TE open box never been touched model. The salesman described this model like a BMW. A car that drives great, but does not have many bells and whistles. One convection oven and one traditional bake oven. Should meet any basic requirement.

I am also looking at the Thermador PSO301M which is a small steam oven that I can combine with the POD301J which is a convection oven. My Kitchen Designer said steam ovens are a real game changer. This is more like a Japanese car with more design elements. They are not a double unit but I think i should be able to stack them nicely since I have yet to finalize my kitchen design.

My thoughts so far:

Wolf E series-

Better quality- reviews say this is a work horse oven that will last 20 years

Less features- No steam, No real presets or smart cooking tech setting.

More room- I don`t think we will need the extra space for 364 days of the year so not too concerned about those extra 3 cubic feet (appx 10 vs. 7).

Thermador Professional series-

Steam & convection combo seems like the better choice

supposedly have 40 presets and can take some of the skill out of baking.

Worse reviews online.

Overall I don`t want to spend a fortune on the ovens and this already hits my budget limit. I don`t want to upgrade to Wolf M series or some of the other luxury brands (although I do love Miele`s features). My wife and I are not serious bakers but I figure we are designing this kitchen for the next 25 years and we should get something good. I think some of the smart programs will be a nice benefit for us.

The E series is a little spartan. Both of them are the floor models and are less than they would otherwise be thus making them "affordable". I already spent a bunch on a sub zero 48 inch fridge and a Thermador induction cooktop thus both brands match.

Any opinions are welcome on the brands, steam vs traditional and basically what I should do in general. I am leaning towards the Thermador.

Thanks!

Comments (17)