SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msk6261

Wolf vs Thermador & Viking, Miele vs Bosch - YMMV

Mindy Katz
9 years ago

I use this forum often for research often so I thought I would share my own recent experience. Your mileage may vary.

We did a huge kitchen remodel in CA around 2001-2002. We decided to go all out and chose what we felt were the top of the line, at the time. Everything (mostly) still looks and works great. I LOVE my kitchen!!!! We are currently offering the house for sale and able to list it saying "newly remodeled kitchen" as our appliances and material choices are classic:

Wolf - 36/6 burner range, Ventahood, Subzero 36" side by side and wine fridge, Miele dishwasher and coffee system, GE Advantium speedcook oven/microwave
(PS- the Miele coffee system was the only appliance needed to be replaced after 11 years which appears to be the norm?)

Now, we have purchased another home that was apparently remodeled 2005 so it is a few years newer. When we originally viewed the new home, we noticed that even though the appliances were different manufacturers, they were of the same or comparable caliber:

Viking 5 burner cooktop and hood, Thermador convection oven and micro, Bosch dishwasher, U-line wine fridge, Jura superautomatic espresso machine

Now that I am in the new home, I have to say, that even though the appliances are newer, they have not withstood the test of time the way our old ones have. Not in form nor function. Not one of them has the same "umpf" and well thought out features as the ones our old kitchen.

They are all in good enough working order though so I cannot justify pulling and replacing them right away. I guess I will have to wait for them to conk out on me before I can start over one by one.

Comments (9)