SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juneroses_gw

Podcatchers (a.k.a. podcast apps)

What Android podcast app(s) are you using and happy with? I'm new to podcasts but am trying various shows, especially serials. I'd like an app which offers the option to group related episodes and even put those episodes in a given order. I have Stitcher now, but either it doesn't allow this or I haven't figured out how to do it. I just have a growing list of mixed episodes from various shows.

Any recommendations? - June

Comments (3)

• marilyn_c
    5 years ago

I use Stitcher, but so far I have just listened to two...S Town and the one about Richard Simmons being missing. My radio guy recommended Slow Burn and I listened to one episode but didn't find it all that interesting.

I'm not sure I understand your question but will be following to see if I can learn more about it.

• sprtphntc7a
    5 years ago

on stitcher, hit the button that says "all episodes". then u can see everything. i don't think you can 'group' episodes and if you are listening to S-town or something similar, its all in order. it does show if its been listened to.

i don't know if i also am understanding your question ??!!

why would u want to group episodes/put in order??

• juneroses Z9a Cntrl Fl
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I've found a solution. "Downloaded" episodes of various podcasts I was trying out were all mixed together. But I've since found that one of the options in the 3 horizontal lines near the right top of the Stitcher app says "Show Name". Choosing that option puts all the episodes in alphabetical order. So all the "Betty with a Suitcase" episodes I selected head the list followed by the "Death in Ice Valley" episodes I've downloaded.

Works much better. Thanks for your consideration of my question. - June