SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melisa_sheffield

Exterior Design Delima - Urgent Response Requested.

Melisa Sheffield
5 years ago

We are currently in the drywall finishing stage. All of the interior selections and all are made and we have drywall being finished out today, but the reason for this post was to see if you could give me your humble opinion on (1) thing we just cannot finalize - the exterior trim out.

We have a dark gray Nichiha shaker style cement board on the majority of the exterior with a stone accent boarder at the foundation and up the side of the office wall, with black casement windows and will have cedar shutters with deco straps, but we cannot decide whether or not to use white or black for the soffit, corner boards, and trim around the windows (or to trim the windows at all) - or to use a combination of both white and black.

My gut is telling me to lean to the white for the soffit, corner boards and no trim on the windows (just butt the shaker up next to them and put the shutters next to it v/s trimming them out. I just don't want the windows to wind up looking "lost" in the overall look. I really want the overall look to "pop" - and I'm afraid that if we go with the black trim on any of it, it will just end up looking too dark overall.

I have pics that we took last night of the samples our builder nailed up for us to select from (I have several pics, but it will only let me upload a few). Keep in mind the "white" board is not the exact bright color white we are going to be using if we do go that route. It will be Alabaster by SW. Do you have any ideas on this? We are just so lost on this one detail and need to make a decision before the end of the week.

Comments (19)