SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefandl

Ficus Alii Care - Dropping leaves, brown spots

cefandl
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I hope this isn't a repeat post as my wifi cut out. We were gifted a Ficus Alii and we have some questions on caring for it. It's about 3' tall and has a braided trunk. When it came to us, many leaves had fallen off, which is causing the tree to look pretty thinned out. A lot of the leaves have brown, crispy edges. Each morning we wake up to several more leaves that have fallen off, I'm sure some due to shock. I haven't watered it as it still moist knuckle deep.

I'm wondering if we should be changing the soil now, or waiting. It's still in it's soil from Lowes, which I'm sure is heavy in peat. If we should change the soil now, what do you recommend, and do you recommend I keep it in the same size pot or go up? What about fertilizer? I have fertilizer we use successfully with our Fiddle Leaf. If I'm to use this, when should I start and how often? It's in a bright room with south and west facing windows. I have attached a few pictures to see the brown edges in hopes someone can offer advice. Thanks in advance.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH