SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngalinnyc

Ficus Alii leaf spots and drop-wait some more or do something ?

southerngalinnyc
13 years ago

Hi Ya'll,

I've had this ficus (assume it's an Alii) for a few months and have "shocked" it at least couple of times (once moving it home from Home Depot), then moving it from living room to a sunnier spot in the dining room, then repotting it (and admit that the pot may be a bit large), and so it has lost a lot of leaves...

So, my question is this. It was losing leaves at a really rapid pace for awhile and i thought it would never stop...(how long does this shock thing last?) and so then I declded that it might have been the leaf drop described by overwatering (which probably occurred when I repotted it.) because there were also brown spots.

Now it appears that I have all of the above... some new growth, a few leaves that are brown and crispy dropping, and a few that are green and supple but with some brown spots that are dropping (but at a much slower pace than previously). Much of the tree has brown spots on the leaves.

I have not watered this plant for at least 2 weeks, maybe more like 3.

So when I read about leaf spot from overwatering I am not sure if this is what it looks like, how long it takes to go away once I've stopped... or if this spot relates to some other issue that I need to address?

Am I destined to be a ficus killer? Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Could you kind souls look at these photos and provide some advice? click on the photo for more...

Ficus Alii Anticipation....
Thanks for the patience and therapy!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths