SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniew65

mystery flood or leak or ???

conniew65
5 years ago

We have a 2-fold flooding mystery. We live in a 20 year old ranch home.

First, my husband gets up in the middle of night to use our master bath. Our carpet by bath door is wet. He thinks our dog did it and thinks nothing of it. The next morning, he realizes our bath vinyl is wet, too. Again, thinks it's our dog, wipes up the floor, and off he goes to work. I clean up the carpet. Then I realize the Contour toilet rug is wet. That's weird.

Part 2 Hours later, I am in the basement, and notice random water spots on the basement ceiling. Lots of water--not our dog! Pictures attached. These spots are not connected to each other, and most of them are under our living room floor.

Then I ran upstairs to look at bathroom again--pulled out vanity drawers.

The base of our vanity had split. And our bathroom scale had water up and under the glass surface. All walls are dry around pipes. Exhaust Fan area is dry.

Our toilet bowl does have water running into it....

in conclusion--It's like an iceberg melted in our bathroom, and then dried up (mostly)

And, that more icebergs melted on top of our basement ceiling tiles randomly. (some of the insulation was soaked)

Side note: Our new roof is about 6 weeks old. We received 7 inch of rain on Tuesday, and this appeared on Saturday.

My husband is a great DIY-er, but is in the middle of a 13 day work stretch, so not much he can do at this point...

Looking for help with this mystery. And if it is the toilet, why the random leaking spots in the basement?

Comments (8)