SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sam_md

GLYPHOSATE ON TRIAL

sam_md
5 years ago

Sometimes the Trees forum receives queries about treating noxious trees, IOW how to kill them. More often than not, the answer is to use Roundup herbicide either as foliar spray or basal application. Consider this:

Recently a California jury found Monsanto liable for a groundskeeper's NHL cancer. Monsanto makes Roundup whose active ingredient is glyphosate. Monsanto was ordered to pay $289 million in damages.

Monsanto's response: "Today's decision doesn't change the fact that more than 800 scientific studies and reviews---- and conclusions by the US EPA, USNIH and regulatory authorities around the world support the fact that glyphosate doesn't cause cancer and did not cause the plaintiff's cancer".

If glyphosate is carcinogenic we have a problem. Even if a poster here doesn't use it on his property consider it is routinely used on the playfield, golf course, parks, roadsides and widely used in agriculture. Consider the veggies you recently bought at the roadside stand or farmer's market. If they were "Roundup ready" for sure they were zapped with glyphosate. How about the cotton clothing you are wearing, is it from RR Cotton? Is that an issue?

As for me, I use glyphosate in a backpack sprayer every week. If it wasn't for that I would be up to my ears in weeds. How is it considered to be transmitted through the skin, is it breathed in?

Tobacco fields nearby are spotless, I don't know if they use glyphosate or not but I suspect they do.

What do you think, is this hysteria or something to be concerned about?

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH