SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
waiting4child

Help! Trying to tone down brand new SW Dover White cabinet-too yellow

waiting4child
5 years ago

I am really in a pickle here. Yesterday, I had kitchen cabinets installed in my modern farmhouse style home and immediately realized 2 problems:

1) The SW Dover White color I chose was way creamier/yellower than I expected.

2) There wasn't enough contrast between the perimeter cabinets and the island which is painted SW Balanced Beige.

We can't rip out all the cabinets and start over so my solution is to have them just repaint the island a different color to give it more contrast with the perimeter cabinets and hopefully it will be a color that will tone down the yellowness of the perimeter cabinets. The floors have a warm look so I believe that is contributing to the the overall yellow feel in the kitchen. I never wanted a stark white kitchen but this is way too creamy yellow.

Can any color experts out there tell me if SW Moth Wing would be a good choice for the island? Would it give an ample contrast to the SW Dover White. If I painted the walls SW Accessible Beige with a PPG Delicate White Trim, would that clash? I'm hoping the paint color I choose will help neutralize the yellow I see.

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Comments (33)