SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

More travel -- more general question/ideas (for my bucket list!)

Sueb20
5 years ago

This is what I'm doing to avoid work and to distract myself from the fact that there are workers ripping the siding and the porch off my house right now.

When our youngest goes off to college next fall, DH and I want to go on a trip. Probably a week or 10 days, possibly 2 weeks. I don't think I want to leave the country. It would probably be late September. Where would you go? Top of my list is Santa Fe but would be interested in other ideas.

We have also decided that throughout the year that she's in school, we will take one 4-day weekend trip each month. Since it's not a long time, we wouldn't want to take up a full day of travel (from Boston) each way. Just for fun, looking for ideas of great places you've been. I have been to Nashville and Savannah but he has not, so those are two options. We have not been to Montreal or Quebec, either, so might add those to the list. Would probably do a NYC weekend and maybe Chicago too. Any other hidden gems I might not ordinarily think of? Especially in winter months for people who don't enjoy snow sports!

Comments (34)