Help on Island color for our Chosen wood- Rustic Alder

Michelle Gray
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My Gray Hotel · More Info

This photo shows our existing Island. How it looks horrible in pictures. We are going to have European WHITE Alabaster shaker cabinets for perimeter and knock open refrig wall to open up to the dining room. The counter on island will harbor the new range top - yes we are getting rid of this HOOD--and will most likely have some kind of cement or even Zinc counter. The floors will be vinyl with the look of "wood planks" Natural knotty oak.

I will be looking at colors for the Rustic Alder. NOT SURE WHICH DIRECTION TO GO -- LIGHTER OR DARKER. I will try and pull in colors like a designer. :) I put pics of what will stay (color wise) so you can see the wood variations.

CATHEDRAL CEILING are dark wood, WOOD ALONG PELLET STOVE AND BACK WALL- reclaimed from an old barn. Shall I try and pull from these colors? Or WILL THAT BE TOO MUCH BROWN? My hubby says I do too much BROWN! (My knobs on my new range will be BLUE!) ha ha!

I HAVE A TENDENCY TO LIKE TRADITIONAL RUSTIC. BUT I AM ALSO LOOKING TO GET MORE LIGHT. Ahh! I could ramble on- but I will start with this.

PS. This is soo exciting (and stressful)- but more exciting! ;)

Comments (37)