SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amy_willis1260

Master Bathroom Not So Master

Aimee Willis
5 years ago
We have a huge master bedroom (15x18 to be exact), but our master bathroom is far from a master. Right now it’s just me and my husband. Because of its size (and also because he’s a mess), the master belongs to me, and he uses the other bathroom across the hall. His bathroom recently has been having plumbing issues and his tub cracked that a patch wouldn’t fix, so he’s been slowly trying to fix the damages which has resulted in him moving into my bathroom. What was supposed to be a weekend fix project has turned into almost a month now mostly because of work schedules and not having the time to fix the repairs.

Nothing tests a marriage like sharing a bathroom lol. His latest remarks when we both had to be at work at the same time and were both in the bathroom together, he finally said that when we have a child, there’s no way we can share the bathroom together.

I rarely use my garden tub shower enclosure because it’s not really a true garden tub and more like the shape of an 8 which makes it uncomfortable. I’d rather rip it out and do a walk in shower. My vanity is 42” and I doubt it can go any wider to make for a double sink. The bathroom is like 6x9.

I’m trying to think of a new look for this bathroom and figure out how I can enlarge it if that’s even possible. I can’t tell if that bump out near my shower is load bearing or not. What’s behind the door is a pantry which we rarely use other then towels and supplies. Behind the bump out is our loft.

Beyond ready for the hubs to move out so I can have my space back.

Comments (25)