SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_201962829

A/c question - air flow

HU-201962829
5 years ago

My unit recently froze. The repairman said the a/c breaker was bad and switched it out with the heat breaker. A week later because we rarely go to this part of the house, we noticed the floor in front of the unit was saturated and ruined. The drain pan was not draining and the return was pushing air (I have video). I called the repairman and he came out a week later. He said nothing was wrong with my unit except for lack of service. After my inspection, it was clear that the return was now sucking air (I have video) and the water is now draining properly. My thoughts are that the breaker was wired backwards causing the unit not to work property and I am unsure What caused the water to backup. The repairman is saying he did nothing wrong and is not liable for damages because on his 2nd trip air was coming out of the registers. He said my before and after videos of the air return don’t mean anything. I never checked the registers Before or after. Is there any truth in what he is telling me?

Comments (5)