SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Sometimes we read things wrong

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

You know sometimes you write a post and in your head it's nice. It's polite. It's perfect, then you hit send without thinking anything of it. Then someone reads and they are having a bad moment. Bad day. Bad whatever, but they don't read it the way your keyboard typed it. When we read things on the internet, or in a book or magazine, etc., we read it the way our brain believes it was written. Then because you believe the person who wrote the post was being argumentative, you blast back. Do two wrongs make a right? No. No it doesn't.

I did that very thing yesterday. I read a post. I think I read it the wrong way and I let myself get so low in my response that I hit send without thinking about it. For a few moments while I typed my response I believed I was right. But by the time I thought to delete it, it was too late, someone had already commented so I let it go.

I want to apologize for my post. I am not "that person". I am better than that, and would have NEVER replied that way if we were talking around a real kitchen table face-to-face. I would have bitten my tongue and let it go.

Angie_id, I did try to message you on FB through private messenging, but you haven't seen it yet. I wanted to apologize for my behaviour in private. But because you can't see the message, here it is. :) I am so sorry. I was rude, and I was wrong. I should have done on this site what I would have done in my home: ignored it.

Comments (3)