SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saumyashree_mishra1

Please help my Fiddle leaf Fig. Don't want to loose it.

Being a first time owner of a beautiful FLF last week, Im constantly worried about its health.

I brought Figgy from Ikea here on 7/13, watered one cup on 7/14 and cleaned its leaves with mild soap and water and a cloth to remove the dust. Placed it on a south side french window where I think its getting ample indirect sunlight. However to my worst nightmare it started loosing leaves everyday along with 2 new leaves. I checked the soil again and the top inch was dry so gave it one cup water again thinking the AC vent might be making it dry, which was my fault I know. Should have waited till 1 week before watering it.

what is my best bet to make sure this plant thrives? Im guessing its getting acclimated to the new environment but loosing new leaves making me sad and worried. Please help me in my below queries. I appreciate your time and interest for reading my post. Thanking you in advance and waiting for some answers from all you experts.

1- When should I water next? 1 week from the time I last watered it?

2- Should I be worried about the brown spots it already has? shall i spray neem oil?

3- Its placed slightly near the AC vent, but being in NJ we dont switch on the AC much these days, may be like 2-3 hrs max. shall I shift my Figgy to north facing window instead?

4- I have leaves which are curled under and some are upright, I'm not sure if this is because its a bush not a full fledged tree yet.

5-shall i consider misting it as its dry these day here? If yes how many times a week?

6- Im not quite sure if it is getting enough sunlight per need, but its placed on a south side window and the room is the most brighter part of our house. I have attached pictures for reference and guidance.

Did I mention, I see new growths and seems things are moving good, however I keep loosing a leaf or two everyday. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm so attached to this plant now and don't want to mess up.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor