SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnmomof2

Charity donation--thanks, but no thanks?

RNmomof2 zone 5
5 years ago

I head up a project in my hospital that receives many donations from ladies groups in the form of hand made items. While I am sure these groups believe they are doing us a big favor, they are not. The items for several reasons are often not useful to us or anyone else for that matter. Think of that chartreuse sweater Aunt Suzy made that was really wide and big but it was super short and of poor quality. I think they often just start knitting without a pattern and the final result is just all wrong.

So my dilemma is --do I let these groups keep making us things, thinking they are helping us? Or do I tell them in a nice way that their items are not be used? I did send a thank you to one group saying I had way more items then I could use in several years, how about making XXX. (No pattern required and I gave dimensions)

I only have names for these groups and do not know any of them personally. I perhaps could reach out to these groups to coach them on how to change their items or what would be better. Is that rude? Do I let them keep getting the benefit of thinking they are being helpful and dispose of the items? What to do!?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH