SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gth842s

How much foliage pro per plant?

PacNorWreck
5 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I didn't want to hijack any of the great threads on here with my question so I decided to start a new one. Does anyone have a rough rule of thumb for them that is their starting-point for fertilizing their citrus in a 5-1-1 style mix? We all (more or less) follow the instructions on the container for how much foliage pro to mix up per gallon, but how much of that gallon is appropriate to give to each plant on a weekly or monthly basis?

For example, I use a capful of Osmocote Plus with my 5-gallon trees (and proportionally more or less for bigger / smaller containers) applied twice per year. In the summer, I apply foliage pro at the recommended rate with each watering (maybe a little extra for lemons) but I never know whether each plant is supposed to get the whole 1-gal watering can or if I should be dividing that gallon amongst my 9 citrus trees.

The reason I ask is my lemons are all showing some micronutrient deficiencies (possibly due to cool evening temps in the 50s and 60s, but that seems unlikely to me) and I'd like to determine how much fertilizer is appropriate to correct the deficiency without giving them too much or trying to add a single nutrient like iron chelate or epsom salts.

Comments (9)