SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vesfl

Is this Charles de Mills?

I planted this rose last year and there are a few indications that make me wonder if it is Charles de Mills as I thought it was. I read that it's supposed to be largely disease resistant, but right away mine was prone to rust, then came blackspots, mildew and whatnot, it just often gets very sickly. None of my other roses get rust or mildew. It's also chlorotic like some of my other roses with multiflora in their blood. Then came the blooms this year, only about 4-5, small in size, not flat, and their color didn't have a hint of purple. I don't know if its lighter color is due to its young age. One of the blooms did show a center button which is consistent with CdM, but some other roses probably have it too. The greatest difference between this rose and the descriptions of Charles de Mills are the thorns. It is supposed to be nearly thornless, but mine has both prickles and thorns all along the canes.

Could you please help me identify this rose? If it's not Charles de Mills then I would order it again because I would love to have it for its large beautiful dark purple blooms. Thank you.

Comments (6)