SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowerful

Blue ceiling in child's room? Or should I just go with white?

flowerful
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm just finishing off a biggish reno prior to selling my home. I turned my 2 bdrm, 1 bath basic bungalow into a 3 bdrm, 2 bath by rearranging walls. The new bedroom was just painted BM Mountain Peak White in error by the contractor--my fault, I wanted it in the back, north facing room but signals were crossed and paint was applied! Since my reno funds are dwindling, I don't really want to repaint.

I was thinking of getting adventurous and painting the ceiling BM Splash (LRV 67.17) and to add interest to an un-large, off-white room with a smallish window. The ceilings seem disproportionately high to me, because the room is taller than it is wide.

Is a blue ceiling too much of a risk, being a departure from the neutral colors that home buyers like to see? Should I go with a bright white instead to offer some contrast to the mountain peak white?

Plus I'm seeing recommendations online of grey blues for ceilings, rather than saturated colors. Being up north, we see enough grey skies outside without putting them on our ceilings!

Has anyone ever used a brighter blue like Splash for a kid's ceiling? Does it dominate the room, is it too bright? Will it look weird without crown molding and lots of trim? Your opinions would really be appreciated!

Comment (1)