SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_51759904

First Time HomeOwners

User
5 years ago
We just bought our first home after looking for almost half a year and are set to close in about two weeks. It wasn’t my first choice, but we got a good deal which leaves us with a good budget to do remodeling/renovations. The first thing I said I wanted to tackle was figuring out how to manage the downstairs layout.

We’re planning on ripping up all the flooring and doing one solid flooring throughout the downstairs for starters. Right now the living/dining room is hardwoods, with the kitchen/hallway being tile.

I wish it had a real foyer and a larger kitchen, and the prison looking half wall is not really making sense to me. The kitchen is to the left of the sliding glass door if you’re trying to figure out the layout from the photos.

I took pictures of what the house looked like during the initial staging of the house. I’m not sure if how they had it staged is what’s got me feeling pessimistic or what it is about the layout of the first floor. I can’t figure out how to set it up. We haven’t purchased furniture yet and that’s probably a good thing seeing as I haven’t gotten a concept just yet.

Comments (33)