SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missi_rogge

Compact DW and stove yay or nay?

Missi (4b IA)
5 years ago

At some point before I lose my mind, we are going to be redoing the kitchen. While I’m waiting to get things rolling, getting rid of things we don’t need/use etc, I’ve been trying to get a jump on nailing down some things I like and want to hash out.

We have a small house, and I get anxious when there is a lot of “stuff“, so we are not ones that can go a month without doing laundry or have cupboards full of dishes for this that and the other occasion.

We do not cook a lot and when we do, it’s simple things, soups, lasagna, casseroles. The oven is used for the things above, and like frozen pizza. Rarely do we use both racks at the same time. We do not do big fancy holiday gatherings. The last time we put an actual turkey in the oven was..2010 maybe?

Would it be smart to get a smaller stove? I see they come in a 24” size. Also, I am considering an 18” DW for the simple fact we don’t have a lot of dishes, so waiting for the DW to be full to run ends up with having to hand wash some of the things in it. I don’t want to buy more dishes-we do have enough. There’s four of us and occasionally we have up to 10 of us for supper. I don’t care if I need to run the DW daily.

Comments (40)