SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctrobertson

GOOD LAWD...help! Master Bath Floor: Marble or Wood Look Porcelain

ctrobertson
5 years ago

MB reno, Brazilian White marble vanity tops, coordinating 12 x 24 walls (wainscot height) and shower (full height, duh), hexagon marble coordinating border & trim. I cannot for the life of me make up my mind on the floor! The purist in me wants to stick with the marble (same size), the practical me (who more often than not gets her a** kicked by any other part of me), is contemplating wood look porcelain. For all the "practical" reasons. Based on aesthetics alone, the marble would WIN. But ya ya ya, I know, the porcelain is SO easy, right? My concerns: it will date itself, much like the hideous look of the baby poop yellow travertine (I think) tile with wide grout lines, etc. that is the current state of the bathroom (NO, not my doing), I will tire of it, and it will date itself. OH, I said that already. Sorry. Thoughts? Please and thank you! Photo 1: slab Photo 2: stock pic of marble tile Photo 3: stock pic of porcelain tile. Photo 4: pic of marble wall tile with the porcelain floor. **the porcelain is more gray IRL than in stock pic.

Comments (13)