SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nathan_jeon

Alive or Dead? Paypal Refund?

Nathan Jeon
5 years ago

Brought "blue heart lilies" from a guy in Vietnam, couldn't find a dealer in the US so used Paypal to protect myself.

When the bulbs came in 2 weeks after ordering, they seemed fine, they were firm, showed them to several gardeners and they all thought they were healthy.

Problem is only 2 out of 36 bulbs have sprouted. The rest are still underground in pots. Mind you I split the 36 bulbs between 2 other people, 12 bulbs each and none but 2 of mine has produced shoots.

This is what I'm finding when I dug up the bulbs after about 4 weeks in the ground. No new roots, bulbs are turning brown and rotting off.

Some are producing roots, short ones about 2 inches long after nearly 2 months. I don't know if this is normal or not, the friends that I split the bulbs with are telling me that they're goners.

I tried to contact the seller and he just said to wait another 2 weeks. No new growth, contacted him about 4 times in the week after I waited. No response. Then I contacted paypal and asked for a refund. They declined and now I have to escalate the claim to get a chance of seeing my hard earned cash back (the 36 bulbs costed $120).

Not really sure what to do. The Paypal guys rejected my claim because they said that the item was given to me as prescribed, which is strange considering that 2 bulbs out of 36, a 5% success rate, wasn't mentioned in the brouchure and I sure wouldn't have brought them if that was the case.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH