SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hookeelao

Calling Daytona resident succ enthusiasts

hookilau
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

It's been a while since I've posted, many things have happened since we last chatted about gritty mix, this & that, etc.

On 6/16, my family & I travelled from NY to Daytona for a wknd getaway.

We were only in Daytona 12 hours & on our way to the farmer's market, were involved in a 5 car collision on I4.

To make a long story shorter, I ended up having to take a short term rental, in order for my husband to recover from his injuries.

Are there any succulent nurseries or garden centers, even big box stores that anyone can reccomend for a prowling expedition?

I've been to the 2 walmarts by Halifax Health in Daytona, & Lowes as well.....nothing.

Reccomendation greatly appreciated.......need to decompress a little

Comments (6)

• Rhonda
    5 years ago

hookilau,

Sorry about your accident, hope your husband is doing better.

I will ask my son who lives over that way and landscapes if he knows of good succulent nurseries. You might also want to post on the cacti and succulent forum which I believe is the busiest of all Gardenweb (Houzz) forums.

Good luck,

Rhonda

• hookilau
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you

Bah!! i thought that was where i was posting I'll try again....

I picked up a couple of pretty little Adeniums at Home Depot right off Daytona Speedway....kinda happy with them right now

• irma_stpete_10a
    5 years ago

The Lowes in my area far from you currently have good looking succulents, but probably no special varieties. Sorry for your accident situation, hookilau. Plant shopping can be very refreshing to the spirit. Good luck!

• hookilau
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

The lanky fella in the background is what we see in NY, if you are lucky enough to find one....nothing special in the way of form & branches take foreverrrrrr to grow back, doesn't fill in nice or dense.

He was my first purchase walmart, then i found these 2 fatty-o guys....well branched, little & stubby!!

• hookilau
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I may be stuck here in Daytona till end of July, so I think I'll just give my lanky friend a good trim & take advantage of the Florida climate.

Give him a chance to leaf out before heading back to NY.

Thank you Rhonda, yes, feeling much better now that i have green leafy company! now if i could juuuust keep my collection from growing too much