SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_59592673743257151

Please help! PPG Greiges (Warm Grays)

Rachel Dickson
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

This spring, we purchased our very first home and have recently made some changes to the original (and very beige/brown decor) in order to make it our own.

Pictures of the original decor in the kitchen/dining (also shows the layout of the first floor and the natural light that parades through the windows):

In the kitchen/dining area, we added LED spot lights and changed the countertops to a cream/greige calcutta-styled quartz.

Although our backsplash has a lot of beige/brown in it, it does have cream and greige tiles, and I was hoping to find the best PPG colour available to bring out the cream and the greige of the backsplash and countertop, all while respecting the fact that there is beige/brown in the mix.

We were also hoping to paint our dining room, which is connected to our kitchen, in a darker greige. We are really looking for the perfect greige combo (not too beige - not too gray - not too cold - not too hot) that will harmonize the existing colours in the kitchen/dining area and modernize the overall feel of the first floor, all while considering that the open space does have a lot of natural light.

This is the first time we have even attempted to choose colours for a house, and it has been a complete nightmare! I have been trying to pick two different colours (one for the kitchen, and one for the dining room) off the same colour swatch to avoid making mistakes and mixing two undertones that may not work. These are the options I have narrowed it down to:

Storm's Coming (kitchen) - Greyhound (dining room)

Swirling Smoke (kitchen) - Ghost Writer (dining room)

Early Evening (kitchen) - Mercurial (dining room)

Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Comments (3)