SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nic76

Greige or Beige--help please

nic76
6 years ago

I have a large open floor plan with all different exposures. I'm looking for a paint color that will work all over. This will be my third attempt at getting the color right.

The first try was Valspar Oatbran--loved it in my other house but here it looked to yellow/greenish.

Second (and current color) is SW Keystone Gray. I wanted a warm, cozy feeling so I went darker but I think I want to go lighter now. I like Keystone when it looks more brown, not as much when it looks gray, and I really don't like it at night. Looking down the color strip, the darker colors seem to have some weird bronzy look to me. I have Mega Greige in the guest bedroom and like it but I think I want to go even lighter. Agreeable Gray and Anew Gray are too Gray, I think, and not enough brown.

I used Accessible Beige in a NW facing bathroom and like it. I used Balanced Beige in a NW facing bedroom and feel like maybe it's a tad too brown when the afternoon/evening sun is shining. I am tempted to do Accessible Beige as my main color, but I'm worried it may be to yellow-y in certain rooms.

Basically, I'm driving myself (and my family!) crazy trying out different colors.

Is there a warm griege or Beige that will look good in all exposures and both day and night? Any suggestions?

Comments (2)