SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenrose1111

What to do about this backsplash!

K R
5 years ago
Things have been going so smoothly on my remodel, but we’ve hit a snag. Using a very highly rated and recommended GC who uses his own guys, so this tile work was not subbed out. We researched him for months and have seen a lot of his work. This is a $150k high end remodel using very expensive and good rated glass subway tile. Also he’s already tiled a shower for me and it was fine. Just giving you the background.

So the backsplash was put up yesterday and today I finally got a chance to take a good look at it in the light. There are snags, places you can see the mortar and netting, especially where the tiles meet the edges by the cabinets. Obviously we’re not going to let it go, but wondering what my options are. A) Have then rip it all out, reorder special order tile (which took a week to come in), redo it and have my contractor eat the cost, but also set us back at least another week, probably more because we’re supposed to have the range delivered and installed this week so that will have to be rescheduled (and possibly damage the brand new quartz countertops (and custom cabinets) in the process) or B) Live with it, but maybe there is a way to make it look better along the edges, like a trim piece or something, and ask for a HUGE discount. The tile alone was $2200. So my question to you guys is, what would you do? And does anyone know if there are ways to make it look better without ripping it out? My husband is pretty sure we are going to have him redo it, but I figured I’d gather some opinions.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm