SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
margemeg

Shower hardware choices

Meg W
5 years ago

Hi - I've read through the forum repeatedly trying to come up with simple choices for my shower/tub hardware. We know we want a handheld but are still on the fence about whether it will be handheld-only or fixed + handheld. I'd like the handheld to be on an adjustable-height bar. The existing bathroom has plumbing for a fixed shower head at the usual height, so I'm assuming we'd need to add plumbing to add the handheld (because the wall outlet for the hose will be offset) which adds some expense. It's a tiny kids' bathroom, not a home spa, so we don't need showerheads that offer a ton of settings - I almost always prefer just a simple showerhead with good pressure vs. fiddling with controls. The tub is a basic alcove 60x30 and will have a shower curtain.

Any favorites these days for function over looks (good pressure, ease of use for kids, etc)? I've looked at the plumbing showroom choices and I see Hansgrohe mentioned a lot around here but there are so many model numbers that my head starts to spin. Our aesthetic is clean lines, tub is white, tile will be white subway, probably looking for a brushed/satin nickel vs. chrome. The look we liked in store was the Kohler forte line but I got tied up reading mixed reviews of the "Katalyst" technology and some of the prices online for the coordinating hand shower were kind of outrageous:

Kohler Forte Rite-Temp Shower Trim Set, Valve Not Included, Polished Chrome · More Info

Comments (10)