SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yjewelie

Need refrigerator advice for tricky space - Kitchen Aid or SubZero

Julie Foreman
5 years ago
I am debating purchasing two different refrigerators on totally different ends of the spectrum. My must haves are: stainless steel, interior water dispenser, automatic ice maker, either French doors or left hinge right pull door with pullout freezer. The space is tricky since there is a wall adjacent to the right side of the refrigerator box that limits the amount of swing for a French door. The space is 36” wide and depth is not a limitation. I would need a 33” wide Kitchen Aid French Door 22.1 cu ft refrigerator or the Sub Zero 36” Built In Single Door with H2O and Ice Maker. My family and I will be in this house forever and if we ever move, I believe people moving here would value a high end refrigerator. We also have a Thermador range and steam oven. My husband is hesitant regarding the SubZero due to price and counter depth (he is afraid there won’t be enough refrigerator space, whereas I love the idea of being able to see everything in my refrigerator). Also for the SubZero we would have to remove the shelf above our current refrigerator (not a big deal).

Which refrigerator would you recommend? Why? Or are there other options I should consider?

Comments (2)