Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

What's for Dinner #361

It's the season for fresh Lobster!

And the perfect Lobster Roll...

Comments (106)

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    5 years ago

My favorite summer "veggie", grilled watermelon steaks.

Sous vide pork loin and goji greens from the garden.

dcarch

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    Original Author
    5 years ago

That's it! Next weekends menu will have Ina's lemon chicken and a greek salad with grilled watermelon! (love the combo, watermelon and feta)

looks good dcarch. I'm a week or two behind with garden greens. Just some baby chard and bock choy so far.

Gorgeous board ann_t. We just acquired a free-edge table for the dining room. It is about 3 ft too long so the excess will be a cutting board or a bench.

Sloppy Smoked Salmon Spring Rolls last night. Got a few nice slices but the thin tail end was flaky. Did not seem dry but clearly I need to revisit the recipe.

• Related Discussions

Hey Scott361!

Q

Comments (9)
    I got the 'Buga'! Almost sounds infectous! ;~) I really liked it and the bidding on the others was too painful! I just knew that I should have bought more from him last year! All of the investment bidders/breeders(?) have really driven up his and many others prices. It's always the same group of names bidding on the best plants and driving the prices way up! This is my curent group! Cattleya trianaei (from Venezuela by Jay Pfahl)- Cattleya trianaei var alba ÂJEM-StudÂ- Cattleya trianaei 'A.C. Burrage' AM/AOS- Cattleya trianaei var amesiana (ÂWenzel #1 x ÂWenzel #2Â)- Cattleya trianaei alba ÂAranka Germanski FCC/AOS-( division of an original plant from the Pabst collection) Cattleya trianaei 'Buga' (field colected from Buga area) Cattleya trianaei (ÂMariposa x ÂBinotiiÂ)- Cattleya trianae ÂMooreana FCC/RHS, AM/AOS- Cattleya trianaei var semi-alba- That 'Ondine' is a really nice one! Drool! ;~) I've had a photo of one saved in my files for a long time and it's on my want list. I have a 54MB file of just Cattleya cultivars saved. Photos/cultural info and historical value, etc. The Bulbo and Pluero files are even larger. If you want and haven't seen it, here's a link to a pretty accurate list of what I try to grow. Emphasis on try!;~) It's sorta' organised! It's also scary that it's this big, as I've only been really into them for a few years. Scott Here is a link that might be useful: Grow List
    ...See More

Stihl MS 361 CQ

Q

Comments (10)
    Newjerseybt, "I noticed that the MS 361 saw sells at a zero discount so the best place to buy is where the best service is." I agree wholeheartedly. All Stihl dealers are supposed to be full service, but there are good ones and then there are better ones. The Stihl dealer where I bought my MS361 had orange chainsaw pants that looked kind of poorly made, so I went to a different Stihl dealer (who sold several makes of chainsaws) and liked the look of the Husqvarna chainsaw pants, so I got them. They were also orange. I kind of wanted chainsaw pants in an overalls style, so they they could hang from my shoulders and not from my waist, but none of the dealers that I checked had that style. I still put on my chainsaw pants every time I use the saw, although I have never had an incident. My wife insists I wear the orange pants. They go on sort of like chaps, so they are relatively easy to put on and take off. Presumably they are filled with a fibrous material that will gum up and stop the chain before it can get through to do damage. I keep my bar-release tool in the pocket of my orange pants, in case a tree "captures" my chainsaw bar, so that I can quickly move the expensive part of the saw to safety. Another thing that you will want is a good chainsaw helmet. It combines a face mask, a hard hat, and ear protectors. (When I am felling a tree I keep the ear protectors up, because I want to hear any creaking noises the tree is making.) In the Stihl catalog I saw a chainsaw helmet with a full length face protector made of clear unbreakable polycarbonate plastic, but my dealer said that one wasn't available in the USA, so I got one with a black screenwire face mask instead. After using it for a bit I came to like the black screenwire mask because you can see through it just fine and it won't fog up like nearly everything else I have. My regular eyeglasses have polycarbonate lenses, so they provide some additional protection but sometimes they fog up almost as bad as my safety goggles. I have taken to using my chainsaw helmet when I am using my MacKissic shredder-chipper, as a much superior alternative to the safety goggles and separate ear protectors that came with it. The goggles always fogged up in a couple of minutes. I do most of my chainsaw work and shredder-chipping work during the fall and winter, when the air is cooler and fogging up is a problem. My spring and summer are more devoted to gardening and landscape related activities. Since I do a significant amount of chainsawing in cold weather, I have some of the Stihl brand winter grade bar & chain oil (it comes in a blue plastic jug). It's significantly less heavy than the summer oil. I also have some of the Stihl brand summer grade bar&chain oil, in the orange jug. Some people have been known to use old motor oil in their chain saws. Don't do that, that's just crazy. Your chain saw deserves the best bar & chain oil that you can get. I'm not sure that the pros would agree that the Stihl oils are the best. My dealer "threw in" a jug of Otasca bar & chain oil with my MS361, and that stuff was good. Talk about thick and stringy--that stuff was what they call "long". I think it was considerably heavier and stringier than the Stihl summer oil. I bet the pros prefer that stuff, because they run their bars and chains smokin' hot anyway, and don't need no wimpy winter oil. When it comes to chainsaws, I am more of a "weekend warrior" and the Stihl summer & winter oils are fine for me. Just remember, when your chainsaw is really cold, don't stick your tongue on it. Especially not on the sharp part. And especially not if it is running. (grin) MM
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner?

Q

Comments (55)
    Dinner last night was a first -- I made a pot of chicken soup when it was 100 degrees or more outside (we've stopped watching). Special request of son upstairs with covid. I figure today to tomorrow will be d-day for me, so waiting to see. Tonight will be either leftovers of the soup or verde chicken enchiladas and spanish rice made the night before or whatever DH makes. Could be BLT's -- not really into cooking today.
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #408 Late Fall 2023

Q

Comments (97)
    No interesting cooking for people over here, but I’ve been cooking tasty food for dogs :-) We’re in Berkeley taking care of our friends’ very elderly and reportedly on his last legs little dog. I am, of course, determined that he will not expire on my watch, and when he eats enthusiastically I feel better. So, what to feed him? The base is a tasty homemade chicken stock, made from a roasted chicken, carrots, celery, onion - just like you’d make a chicken stock for yourself. We cook a batch of rice with that stock. Other chicken is browned then simmered, and minced up. His kibble is soaked in more stock. Then some more cooked chicken and carrots get pureed with stock into a sort of gravy-paste. Rice, kibble, and gravy are mixed, then briefly warmed in the microwave. Finally, crisp bacon is crumbled on top. I am pleased to say that Elderly Dog positively gobbles his food, cleaning his bowl reliably enough that I can give him his pills crushed in the food. I’d happily eat it myself, actually, except that there’s no salt or spice. Well, I don’t really like kibble. All the fixings are in stored in Tupperware so feeding doesn’t take long.
    ...See More
  • cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Annie - "So we stopped at the coffee shop, got her a mocha and she had a large mocha and two Zingers for breakfast, LOL." Annie, I love your mom. Hey, I have a deck that needs some help (wink, wink). My brother, of course, had power washer last year so I decided to scrub on hands and knees -- got the to the railings and almost wept. BACKBREAKING WORK, but allows for a lot of "dippers." HA! BTW, I can only begin to imagine how cute that ballet recital was. I remember those! BTW2, was thinking of you when I was gardening yesterday and am FINALLY getting tomato blossoms (sigh) Maybe I'll get a tomato in Sept:) No monarchs yet either. Bear>birds=cherries:) Love it!

2Many - I would be WAY overly proud of that garlic. Like finding every opportunity to introduce/weave it into conversation HA! "Yeah, the weather has sucked, but, wow it's been great for the garlic:)" Aw, moms and dads. You're too sweet! What is it about sharing food that evokes such strong memories and connections? Really? And parents are just special -- our #1 fans with never any bias:) I'm grateful to cook for them, and when I share that I'm making King Ranch Casserole next week, you know the one with 15 cans of soup, that they love, I know you'll understand:)))))) Can I just tell you, I'm still friggin (get it) laughing about your sporting "f" shirt? Those UPS guys can take it. Now, on to to cooking -- very, very intrigued. Recipe where? Also, was the IP'd chicken cut up or did you cook boneless/bone-in/skinless, etc. whole and shred? IP whole chicken for me doesn't work (I'm ok with that) In any event, this looks like it would be a hit with the elders. Do you love dill too? Me too!

Ann_t - Yes, to PC perfect beans! I'll head over to your blog and check out the boards. They are simplistically stunning, Ann. I love the intricacies of wood and your art highlights all the natural beauty. 2Many have discussedhow cooking and an artistic appreciation/talent often go hand-in-hand -- evident here. Love the Greek meals too!!!!!

Baked bread yesterday, focaccia is pretty well gone. It was sunny yesterday, so after baking in am, I was outside and peeps needed to find their OWN leftovers!

Consensus last night was "we'd like ziti, please." Ah, you said "Please":) Ended up making ricotta again. IDK why, but I really love this stuff. Not sure what to do with all the whey. Can you freeze it? Maybe add to breads?

Guarantee, my son will pick at those corners. Just keeping it real.

And because you can never have enough ziti pics:) I finally plated something and forgot the basil HA!

CathyinSWPA

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Annie, three coats??? My goodness, you are a loving daughter! 6 gallons of stain… I can’t fathom. Say, after you finish Cathy’s deck, my steps still need sealing…

Guess what I have in my freezer? A big old hunk of center cut pork loin found on sale. Guess what I have sitting on my spices bin? Pink curing salt. Guess who got me interested in making Canadian Bacon and shared their recipe? Ding-ding-ding, you win the price Annie : ) It just needs to stop raining because I don't have a giant umbrella like sleeve does!

Ann, I’ve been a long-time drooler over your gorgeous serving boards (since I found your blog). Hand finished wood is a thing of love and beauty. I have always loved beautiful woods and that burl is so striking. I’d trade you our andouille for your leg of lamb any day : ) I asked the grocery butcher (and I use the term butcher euphemistically) recently if we’d ever get any, along with flank steak. Nope. Your lamb is… luscious.

Dcarch, now you’ve got me wishing to attempt grilled watermelon : ) Very curious!

Sleevendog, your smoked salmon spring rolls look amazing – that salmon looks so nicely smoked.. wish it were cool enough to cold smoke here. This winter : )

Dang-it, Cathy, you made me laugh over the garlic, then my eyes filled with some wet substance and my nose stopped up over your parent’s favorite casserole (and I do understand : ) ), then I read through wavy text (the water stuff) the “friggin” comment and lost it!!! Yes, the IP chicken breasts were boneless, skinless, and whole. Thought about cutting them prior, then didn’t. My first IP whole breasts, and yep, tender and moist. Yes, shredded them after, then tossed back in to finish. My 2 favorite herbs are basil and dill. One can never have enough of either : ) Tomatoes and monarchs... I’ve just realized you are a magical garden faerie, who makes sourdough to confuse your garden faerie kin ; )

Gorgeous as always sourdough (your ears and crust are always astounding), homemade ricotta (be still my heart) and ziti? Taken a moment to sit lately?

Ok, the ziti wins the prize for me today! Beautiful photo, and I can tell it tastes every bit as good as it looks! And seriously, who doesn’t eat the crispy corners first?!

No pics. Whipped up a fast chicken salad because the other day DH brought home take-out chick salad sandwiches and said before unwrapping: “These won’t be good like yours. I doubt it has grapes, and nuts, and all that other stuff”. So he got his chicken salad : ) “Other stuff” included: dill, cranberries, celery, mayo made in the mini processor, mustard, red onion, finished with smoked bacon salt because the chicken was POOFED smoked chicken. Had leftover herbed potato salad with it.

Tonight will be takeout as it’s a busy afternoon/night for me. Wish it were ziti instead…

Rain for the next week, and my mind’s a blank because I want to smoke/grill and can’t.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Cathy I love your fauxaccia! It makes me want to make one again. I'll have to do what you do, let it rise more, I love your airyness/airiness......lightness! Your bowl of fruit is true eye-candy. It makes me want to use that as my wallpaper/background. And that ziti....wow!! I know people who use whey and water kefir to make breads with. I tried using milk kefir once and it didn't turn out so I didn't try again. When I have extra water kefir, I often freeze it in ice cubes then I can add it to any drink.

2Many that's a beautiful, huge hunk of garlic! We're seeing hubby's brother tomorrow and he promised to give me a bunch of his garlic. He plants around 300 heads, so I should get a nice bounty.

Your meals look incredible, and your Jambalaya looks perfect, and to think you're in the midst of a demo! Your dinnerware, plating and just general meals. Hmmm how will you be able to top that when you're in a dream kitchen??

Annie good for you for sticking to your guns; 3 coats is more than enough, and if she has her way, you'd be there all summer! j/k Nice of you and Elery to bribe/treat her. :-)

Sleevendog, I can see fritattas without a doubt in that muffin pan. You did a great job with your rhubarb muffins.

Yesterday we were at the market and I bought a flat of strawberries. Only $18 and I was expecting it to me much more. Along with making a batch of freezer jam, my first instinct was to make panna cotta. I made it in some wine glasses instead of ramekins. I only have 2 ramekins.

Macerated some strawberries. It made for a very nice dessert.

• User
    5 years ago

2ManyDiversions, I totally forgot to mention your garlic. I can't believe how big it is. Fresh local garlic won't be available here at the Farmers Market probably until mid July. Garlic, Corn and Tomatoes. The season I look most forward to every year.

Cathy, I LOVE the pictures of your bread. I especially love your crusts with all the lovely little blisters.

Had planned to pick up some halibut for dinner last night but came home with clams instead.

Made a favourite and very simple meal of spaghetti with clams and a side of grilled garlic toast.

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    5 years ago

"Dcarch, now you’ve got me wishing to attempt grilled watermelon : ) Very curious!"

2MD, grilled watermelon is very delicious, a surprise treat for many. Not only that, watermelon has many positive medicinal benefits. You can Google and find out. It is not easy to make. You have to be able to find an un-ripened water melon, Ripe ones will fall apart after cooked.

dcarch

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Jasdip… 300 hundred heads of garlic?! That’s a lot of diggin’ but lucky you! Mine (9) won’t last long, but at least it’s something – I do have 1 softneck and 1 hardneck set aside for planting this fall, although they’ll be crowded into the herb garden again. Was gonna plant only hardneck, but my softnecks are larger this year… Love garlic roasted.

My ‘dinnerware’ for now are 2 sets inexpensive corelle-ware from Walmart (which I’m kinda liking over my heavy stuff and seriously thinking of swapping!), and plastic utensils (which we also wash and re-use). Yes, the new kitchen is going to feel like sheer luxury after this! DH is looking forward to the dishwasher, and me? Not missing the oven as much as the stovetop, but mostly prep space! New prep areas will feel as if they goes on for miles, ha ha! Your strawberry ‘haul’ looks wonderful! What’s under them? Me and any creamy dessert? I’d be digging deep into that!

Ann, Ooooh, who doesn’t look forward to fresh veggies season!! With or without a garden of one’s own, it’s like heaven. My fridge is always over crowded with produce (getting a larger one of those in new kitchen!). Fresh clams? How utterly luxurious! Simple? Maybe for you : ) Wish we could get the fresh fish and seafood you have (and Sleevendog too), but isn’t that the way it always is? With that dish, there’d be a lot of slurping going on here! Oh, and bread dunking : )

Dcarch, thank you for telling me this: “You have to be able to find an un-ripened water melon, Ripe ones will fall apart after cooked”. I’d have ruined mine. I did google, and was surprised… I thought it was really just a lot of water, with little to no nutritional benefit… Glad to know this! Amazing what I’ve learned here…

Again, no pics because we had chicken salad and the last of the herbed potatoes. Glad it’s gone now, though I usually don’t mind leftovers, we’ve gotten used to not eating the same 2 nights in a row. Tonight is another guessing game : /

• Susan Tencza
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

browned butter lobster roll: fresh steamed lobster tail browned in butter with chopped chives and celery on a steamed Udi's GF bun.

• Susan Tencza
    5 years ago

tonight's dinner will be lamb chops grilled, eggplant (also grilled) and sauted spinach with chopped roasted garlic. Will post pictures if I remember to take them.

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

2Many -- Wait a minute. There was leftover herbed potato salad? I'll be right over next time:) So this right?

"Here is the recipe I found: GREEK LEMON RICE AND CHICKEN SOUPand this recipe
    is for an Instant Pot, which I'll use as reference for pressure cooking
    times (I can make the arborio rice ahead and add with the saute
    function) but use the first recipe for the ingredients.

I've saved your recommendations regarding use of new spices to the
    recipe area of my Houzz (just learned how to do that!) and use them,
    thank you!"

Definitely peaking my interest! And so glad that there are other "pickers" out there. HA! I keep seeing pieces missing, and I just know:) Speaking of t-shirts, perhaps there's a t-shirt out there that says "these won't be as good as yours":))))) Aw, I love that. Did I tell you that I got my husband a bumper sticker that just says "I love my wife!" HA!!!!! Just an everyday reminder:) By the by, can't beat that Corelle:)

Jasdip -- That is SENSATIONAL! I love the panna cotta in the wine glasses! I'm filing that for future. Never would have thought of that one, and it takes up just a notch (did Emeril used to say that?:) I'm telling DS you think that fruit salad looks greats and therefore, he's been knighted official fruit cutter for the summer HA! Your thoughts re: kefir are making me want to look into this a bit. I used lemon juice as the acid, so I'm not sure about bread. When I tasted it, I can def see how it would be refreshing in some drinks.

ann_t - this may sound really odd, but I am absolutely blown away with colors on that plate. Look at the beauty of the inside shells -- is that extraordinary or what? The plate is perfect backdrop for a delicious dish. Wow. Your plan b (aka as no halibut) turned out A+

Ziti is but a memory, temps in 90s so I started early (not mentioning the 11:00 pm "hey mom, I think I have a tick" comment which is a smidge better than "I threw up everywhere") with the goal of not heating the kitchen. Mashed potatoes in IP. Next rubbed baby back ribs, IP'd them then grilled. Deck right off kitchen/did all releasing so my neighbors could have glorious smells wafting over with their coffee:)

PSA -- Some material may be not be suitable for BBQ devotees:)

Rub

One rack with BBQ others just IP'd

After grill

Reminds me of my grandmother saying, just a bit a paprika for color:) Could've used some of Annie's peas too:)

Brats and sauerkraut on tap for tomorrow because the males are gluttons for pork HA! Won't take pictures, cause I can barely make the stuff (gag, gag, sorry I just can't)

CathyinSWPA

Tangent: So I thought of Annie while in at my parents yesterday. When I told my dad, the veteran, that a bird "bombed" their flag, he said "Don't tell your mom" with small smile. Are you kidding? Seconds, I tell you -- My mom's radar is never down. She immediately saw, began to fret, fixate, obsess and so I cleaned the flag. As I was scrubbing the bird's trail, maybe grumbling a tad, I thought about multiple coating a deck; pure magic, suddenly, flag cleaning didn't seem that onerous:)

One last tangent promise:) kitchen table with library books (except The Food Lab that my son bought for me and he's reading:)))) PS For you smokers - yeah, I'm looking at 2Many, ann_t and others there are some smoker recipes in the Mark Bittman book (I averted my eyes when I saw smoked mac and cheese:)

Original Author
    5 years ago

Your ribs look divine Cathy. Any bbq and methods are all over the place and so often get great results beyond the 'experts' opinions to method. I found the sweet spot in my method and never let others sway me. My side box grill is so vintage and rusted but thick and works for me...I've read it is inferior but who cares. : ) ...took me long enough to make good stuff, pre internet, I do it my way.

Made buns for a crowd...three batches, 12 each. One I made split-top. Getting better. (burger fest party July 7. Grrr at no three day weekend this year for the 4th)

DH makes the dough and I have taken over the forming...good team.

(in the freezer)

Last night thin crust pizza.

Made 3 while at it...used last weekends smoked mozzarella. One for lunch, one in the freezer...

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Cathy you said "I've saved your recommendations regarding use of new spices to the
    recipe area of my Houzz (just learned how to do that!)"

Where is that??? I don't see it anywhere in My Houzz.

Your ribs look fabulous. When you mentioned cooking them in the IP I wondered how much you had to cut them down. Were you able to cook them all at once?

When I make ribs, I too use a rub and put them in my slow cooker.......standing on end, so that the fat drains off. Then I slather them with bbq sauce and either bake or grill them. Remember how years ago, everyone said to simmer them in water? That just made flavoured water and tasteless ribs :-)

Sleeve, your buns look fabulous!!! Wonderful forming! And they're all uniform! Mine are anywhere from slider to massive bun size :-)

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Jasdip - I'm such a nut. I just realized I included part of 2Many's quote about the spices from the other thread. I'm going to back to take a look cause inquiring minds. BTW, was outside in the heat and thinking of your panna cotta -- I'm not kidding. And YES! I used to do that with my slow cooker. I stood them on end in the instant pot on a rack. The one rack made it around, and I cut the up the other to fit in the middle, hoping that there was enough room. And yes, I remember simmering and making great rib water. Mine was fatty tooHA!!!!!

SLEEVENDOG - I NEED THE TOPPING! PLEASE! For your buns!:)) They look outstanding, and my goodness, like jasdip said, they all look uniform. Is making three dozen at a time the secret:)? Thanks for the BBQ encouragement. "I found the sweet spot in my method and never let others sway me. My
    side box grill is so vintage and rusted but thick and works for
    me...I've read it is inferior but who cares. :)" Embrace the vintage and "who cares" -- liberating, and I love it. Son has eaten five already:)

CathyinSWPA

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    5 years ago

We joined a CSA for the first time. A huge bag of basil and some hothouse beefsteak tomatoes were in our bag yesterday. I'm making pesto with some shelled pistachios my friend brought me from her trip to Sicily. Will toss the pesto with some pasta, cook come sweet Italian sausages and slice a big tomato, dress it with S/P, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sadly no mozzarella for a Caprese.

• neely
    5 years ago

Seagrass your meal sounds delicious.

Great pizza and rolls Sleevendog

Cathy those ribs look delicious. I too remember boiling ribs, at least they were tender but not so flavoursome. I am a ribs novice and take my hat off to all who are doing great rubs and glazes. Also I am admiring everyone's smoking efforts... I just haven't tried these techniques although would happily eat the results and absolute hats off to those who do so.

Also love the look of that ziti. I realised that when I make what I call Tuna bake, I guess it is really a sort of tuna ziti. Learning all the time.

Susan Tencza your lobster roll looks great.

Love your clams and spaghetti AnnT.

Strawberries and panna cotta ... yum Jasdip.

Way back dcarch's grilled watermelon... a must for next summer.

Way way back 2 many's Lemon chicken and rice looks so good.

So a couple of meals here back on the Asian flavours track.

Stir fry chicken and veg one night.

Those round things are water chestnuts.

Another night saw us having poofed Beef curry.

Had it with our usual poppadoms which hubby makes in the microwave while I'm dishing up.. Also a dollop of mango chutney sauce.(bottle)

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

See I learn again from you great cooks. I put my ribs in a big oven roaster, cover with water and chicken broth and BOIL in the oven for 3---4 hours than remove put on grill add bbq....I will now try the crock pot method. Lol

Original Author
    5 years ago

Just used up the last of the pesto for a weekend salad. This years harvest needs a few more weeks. I can pinch a bit off the tops though. Pistachio sounds amazing.

The 'everything' spice blend is an easy one. One Tbsp each of poppy seed, onion flake, garlic flake, and 2 Tbsp sesame seed. I double the recipe and no salt added until I know what I'm using it for. Sometimes a bit of rosemary-lemon salt. Or a bit of flake sea salt for the buns. For popcorn I've been putting a batch through the spice grinder to powder it and adding different things to try like smoked chipotle and tumeric, etc.

I like to toast the sesame seed myself. Low and slow in an enameled cast iron, then add the rest for a minute. Probably costs well under a dollar for a good amount. TJ's has one called 'everything but the bagel' but the second ingredient is salt.

I use MountainRoseHerb. They have very fresh spices. Love their lemon, lime, and orange peel powders. Lemon powder with the 'everything' is great on chicken and seafood. No need for salt at all.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Neely, your meals look delicious, and I love water chestnuts! I don't make curries and I should.

Sleevendog, on a cast iron group, someone posted their meatballs that they made in their cast iron muffin, popover, quiche pan that you have. That's an idea, too!

Original Author
    5 years ago

Ah, meatballs. Good idea. Actually my meatball and meatloaf recipes are very similar. Might try some breakfast sausages next time we have the grinder out.

I've made frittatas twice now. Takes more egg than I can guess, almost 10. Even with all the veg. No sticking at all for a new pan and cooks evenly. I have been pre-heating on the stovetop with a tiny bit of bacon in each, then wiping it out. (don't like cooking in bacon grease at all....just tastes greasy).

I should do a total volume test.

Did we just loose a few posts? I swear something else was here a few minutes ago...

Original Author
    5 years ago

Do try poppadoms! Love them. I just put them on a burger last week for that 'potato chip' crunch DH likes.

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Susan Tencza -- I missed your lobster roll. That looks wonderful and daughter is a big fan of Udi's GF bread rolls too! I hope the grilled dinner turned out well too!

jasdip -- went back and read thread "Question of taste .." and can't figure it out
    LOL! Maybe 2Many can enlighten:)?

seagrass_gw - A huge bag of basil? Tomatoes Sign me up! Someone in my garden is really
    enjoying my basil (not me) and I have tomato blossoms (grrrr:) Your dinner
    sounds delicious, and I wish it were what we were having.

neely -- My goodness! Confession -- I had to google poppadoms I have such a limited
    palate:) Definitely going to investigate further. SIL has dairy allergy so naan
    is typically out, but these would fit the bill. I think tuna ziti sounds
    fabulous, and can I tell you that I love water chestnuts too (jasdip:)

sleevendog -- Perfect and thank you! I have some of these
    ingredients that I've used on bagels, etc. but I've never mixed. Will
    look into MountainHerbRose too. I try to reduce the salt here, but it's
    the first thing my mom does:)

CathyinSWPA

Original Author
    5 years ago

Gorgeous Neely. Puffed some papad for lunch yesterday with some spiced chickpeas...

The great American burger is always a treat....Happy Canada Day!

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Part II -- I'm too long winded (shocking, I know); or, it could be Houzz is sauerkraut sensitive too:)
    Guys are having beer brats and sauerkraut. And why yes, there are actually brats underneath that plethora of kraut.

I. Just. Can't. Take. The. Smell. I hope everyone stays cool today.

CathyinSWPA

• bragu_DSM 5
    5 years ago

This thread is always so .... depressing! ^_^

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Susan Tencza, your lobster roll looks divine! I’m so envious! But very happy you and yours got to enjoy!

Cathy, well, c’mon over! We had that potato salad 3 times and I was so over it! Misread the recipe, doubled the potatoes, and wondered why I had to add more dressing and herbs! I told DH I was going to get him a bumper sticker that said “I love my toy poodle!”. He gave me the evil eye ; ) Ok, so I’m still hungry for your ziti, but can’t figure out how to accomplish it as I don’t have the right size container for the IP. So… I’m thinking I bring the potato salad, you make more ziti, and we’ll just carb out! I agree, there’s no right or wrong way for ribs, so long as it’s the way you like it! Dang, that dry rub looks amazing, before and after! Mind sharing? And yes, I really do like the paprika on your mashed potatoes : ) Next time I’m adding some! Oh, and did you know you can smoke your own paprika if you have a pellet tube smoker? Just sayin’, ha ha! I will never stop trying to get you to get one! I mean, smoked mac and cheese? How can you resist?!

Sleevendog, I used to feel like Ann_t was torturing me on purpose with her Yorkshire pudding… Now I feel like you are doing the same with those burger buns and pizza! How nice you and your fella work together in the kitchen – and what a great team you make! Your pizza makes my mouth water – and smoked mozzarella – oh my. My gosh, that’s the best looking burger ever! I’m making burgers tonight, and they won’t be nearly as good as I know those were. Not even close. Those buns... !!!

Jasdip, I posted how to save things to Ideabooks for ya! (Jasdip) How to save posts/comments/recipes to an Ideabook. The one thing I can’t do is save recipes outside GW on them : ( I did make a mistake and thought Neely’s poppadoms were yours on the pictorial – sorry Neely!

Seagrass, let me know how your basil pesto turns out – never thought to use pistachios, and pine nuts are pricey here. Mmmmm, basil pesto, Italian sweet sausage, and homegrown tomatoes… sounds perfect!

Neely, you chicken would make DH’s heart beat fast – we both love water chestnuts, but he’s a nut for them, however it’s your poofed beef curry (and those poppadoms!) that looks especially good to me.

Bragu – hahahaha! So true... On the flip side, it’s also the most inspirational! If only I had both the time and ability to make all these great meals I see!

Thursday we had poofed meatloaf. Friday was deli fried chicken with a frozen vegetable medley (as Cathy would say, just keepin’ it real!). Saturday I was going to cook but overworked in the heat again and felt rather ill, so DH brought home burgers (he brought back Hardee’s burgers and fries for both, and 2 milkshakes – guessing he had a milkshake hankering - $18!!! I should have just made BLT’s!)

Sunday, even though it was another tiring day, beef short ribs in the Instant Pot (so tender!) served on… Want to guess? No? Polenta (she says, thoroughly embarrassed). Only had the IP to make it in, so had to pre-cook it. Tried to revive it after the short ribs but I needed to just get off my tootsies, so it is what it is. I used this short ribs recipe, I did marinate the ribs in wine overnight, I didn’t reduce the sauce for 30 minutes – just 15. The carrots were a vintage terra cotta color, but their flavor surprisingly delicious. One recipe I’d say deserving of all those ingredients.

Photos for uploading · More Info

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Cathy (your continued post just popped up for me) I don't believe there are brats under there. : P

Oh, I'd love that smell! Sauerkraut, onions... okay, not a brat fan. We tried them last year, grilled, and just couldn't eat them. Here, weenies, kraut, and onions, all fried to a crispy brown in kraut juice are popular, and I admit to having made it a few times with soup beans : )

94 F here, high humidity. 2 degrees cooler than Sat and Sun. Whoopee! Not. Saturday and Sunday we had air quality weather alerts (stay inside, blah blah blah). Guess who didn't? :)

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Oh, 2MD, stay inside in this heat, you silly thing!!!

We've been under extreme heat alerts too, and have broken records. We do get above 30°C usually for a day or 2 then settles back down in the 20's but it's been over 30, mostly 35 since last Thursday and lasting till this Thursday. The humidex puts it at 43°C which is 109F. Which is just too damned hot!!! God, I really do hate summer. I'm looking forward to shoveling snow!

OTOH, we love sausages and kraut (not brats, not knockwurst. Knockwurst taste like over-sized wienies.

Original Author
    5 years ago

99º here. Should go back to normal temps tomorrow.

Wrapped some small salmon fillets in grape leaves with rhubarb and green onion...miso glaze. Pan sear, then low heat with a lid. Perfect light meal with a shared Nasu Dengaku.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

I told my daughter earlier I could eat krout and smoked sausage. Even some hot dogs. I open this thread to find great pics of it. Must be an omen to make it..next weekend.

• neely
    5 years ago

Looks good Sleevendog, must get onto those miso glazes... I know, I know I've said this at least 3 times. (smile)

Love sauerkraut with sausages or pork chops, Jasdip and Cathy, haven't had it for ages.

2many your dinner looks delicious and you are right I didn't guess polenta but still tasted good I'll bet.

Steak, scalloped potatoes, beans and roasted Brussel sprouts for dinner here.

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Jasdip, 43 C with the humidity is crazy hot. Ours has been up to 99 F with humidity, so I cannot imagine! Kraut and sausages sounds – and looks, way better than hot dogs – Gonna hafta look for some good sausages today! Your sausages look perfectly browned : )

Mamapinky, here’s hoping we both find some good smoked sausages – we’ve got a lot of inspiration for it!

Sleevendog, no grape leaves here, but I’ve got salmon fillets (if they have them) on the list for grilling. The way you prepared you salmon looks very good for a hot day – but 99 F? Way too hot a day! Do I see bonito flakes?

Question, please! I wrote out the recipe as you described it for your favorite preparation of Nasu Dengaku – which I can’t get off my mind. I just don’t know if you use the red or the white miso? Would you please enlighten me? I intend to order both (can’t find locally) but want the T&T version of your favorite way to prepare Nasu Dengaku, please!

Neely, steak, green beans, and those scalloped potatoes – the perfect meal for any day, hot and humid, cold and rainy, or any weather in between! Looks so good, I’m gonna thaw out a steak for this weeks’ menu! Your plate is just too much for me to resist! Rain, rain, stay away!

For once I was grateful I bought too much burger meat. Grilled burgers last night with smoked cheddar, grilled corn on the cob, bourbon baked beans. No pics as I took a couple of everything to my neighbor who’s having a difficult time of late and was very rushed to get it over still hot.

Original Author
    5 years ago

Steak today, With onion rings, lol....Happy 4th of July!, hot as heck and pop-up thunder all around all morning...

2MD, if you can, get both white and red/dark. It lasts for ages, months, in the fridge. I mix with a bit, actually a lot, of fresh ginger, hot to the touch warm water...tiny bit to soften. Sometimes a bit of soy and redBoat fish sauce but not always. One Tbsp of good miso goes a long way as a glaze. Yup, we like bonito flakes and nori.

I have been testing for a friends visit. Picked up 6 eggplants. Trying a roasting then full halves cut in cross hatch, then glazed, then roasted in the oven with a mixed grain cake. I need a do-ahead as she is chatty, lol. That is fine being such good company. The grape leaf dish will be another plating with maybe a warm salad...radicchio, leek, fennel? Not sure.

I need to pack the grain better in the rings and will add porcini and its soaking liquid and maybe some wild rice...still a work in progress but they will love it.

The grape leaves were young and tender for Dolmas, so I can harvest nice big ones since they are just for wrapping/steaming and not eaten.

Testing since last weekend....DH has not tired of eggplant. (phew)

The eggplant and grain 'puck' held well in a warm oven. So a proven do-ahead.

A few adjustment needed....

• ruthanna_gw
    5 years ago

Like many of you, we are in the midst of a severe heat wave. My kitchen is not air conditioned so I do most prep work and partial cooking before 9 A.M. I wish I could just reach into the photos and grab your marvelous-looking dinners.

I did bake a ham end and had it cold with a Lebanese roasted cauliflower salad.

• annie1992
    5 years ago

Oh geez, I'll never catch up. And every time I open this thread, right at the top is that lobster roll. (sigh) I don't know why I continue to torture myself, LOL, and everything looks so good.

We do like sauerkraut here, I pack myown and we eat it all year. Last night Elery was sitting in the chair eating sauerkraut straight from the jar. It's either that or kimchi as a night time "snack".

Steak must have been on the menu for more than one of us, I marinated a sirloin steak and we had it with sauteed mizuna and a quick corn and bean salad:

Mother was here a couple of days ago and she only eats dark meat chicken, so Elery put chicken thighs on the grill. She also professes not to like sour cherry anything, but my sour cherry BBQ sauce got eaten and we just didn't mention it to her. It's easiest that way. Served with her favorite broccoli and rhubarb custard pie for dessert:

Elery and I skipped the pie, and I sent the rest home with Mom in individual containers, so she could freeze the individual slices and thaw them as she wanted them. She told me to just keep three pieces together, she'd have one when she got home, one for breakfast with coffee and one for dessert the next day. She likes pie. A lot.

Last night we had pork steak on the grill, a Weight Watchers potato salad recipe and lettuce from the garden. The potato salad was potatoes, yogurt, fat free mayo and dill. And that's exactly what it tasted like, boiled potatoes with yogurt, the chickens got my portion. I'm going to try to "tweak" the rest of it with some seasonings and see if I can make it a little more palatable.

I'm not a fruit eater, but Elery has been eating the berries as fast as I can pick them. Last night's dessert for him was three strawberries, two of the tiny white Alpine strawberries and a handful of raspberries, all from our back yard. He'd already eaten one strawberry before I could take a picture.

So, I wanted scalloped potatoes and grilled eggplant and fresh tomatoes and lobster roll. I didn't get any of those things but I do see the eggplant and tomatoes in my future in the next month or so!

Annie

• User
    5 years ago

Seafood Lasagna. It's way too hot to grill here. Temperature is 95*, but the humidity must be 200%. LOL.

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Wow, is this one going faster than usual or am I imagining things?!

Thank you Sleevendog – I will order both dark and white miso, and I didn’t know about adding the fresh ginger (but I’ve been a ginger-holic lately when cooking Asian flare meals!). Oh of course you were testing your eggplant – ha, no, you just wanted to remind me again how much I want to make it!!! Also, glad you shared that it held well in the oven, I’ll make a note of that too. Your whole grain round (I refuse to call is a puck!) looks good… and oh so healthy!

Those amazing microgreens? I still want you help in setting that up, but will wait until after the remodel as I realize now there’s just no good space left. I’ve not forgotten your kind offer : ) That looks the perfect meal for guests (and yes, the chatty ones are fun, but I’ve ruined my fair share that way too : )

Ruthana, cold ham on a hot day is perfect, but it’s your Lebanese roasted cauliflower that’s caught my eye – it looks delicious! My ex-SIL was Lebanese, and I’ve got some great recipes from her.

Annie, I had a good chuckle over your comment of sleevendog’s darned lobster roll always being the first thing we see – I know what you mean!!! I even asked DH, the seafood hater, if he’d be able to tolerate lobster… just once! I saw lobster (finally!) at the store, fresh, but that was for the 4th, so who knows… (DH tentatively said yes - the man just needs a good lobster roll, I'm thinking. Now, if I can find a recipe!). I'm also wanting ann_t's clams now, but that'll never happen around here : (

Oh golly, everyone and their gorgeous steaks and sides! Again and again, yours is done to perfection, and your corn and bean salad looks quite tasty. I adore chicken thighs, and sour cherry BBQ glazing them, that surely was amazing! Your pork steak looks every bit as good as your sirloin (gonna hafta attempt that when I gather the nerve!), but your fresh fruit makes my mouth water : )

Sherry, Never tried seafood lasagna, that sounds both good and intriguing. Ha! It’s way too hot everywhere almost! 96 F yesterday, but with the heat index it was around 100 F. Not a good day to grill…

However, being the 4th, I just had to! I wanted mushroom risotto, DH wanted grilled salmon. I made us both happy. DH, the seafood hater, picked around his risotto, saying “Now, what’s in this?” Silence because my mouth was full. He looked at me suspiciously and said, “you didn’t hide seafood in here, did you?” I finally replied “no sweetheart, your seafood is in plain sight on your plate!” LOL! Oh, but I love him dearly!

Just needed Annie's raspberry and chocolate chip ice cream to cool me off afterward!

Original Author
    5 years ago

Annie is sure eating healthy. I just made rosemary/garlic white beans and spicy Indian chick peas for the 4th.

Mushroom risotto is a favorite here. I make a big batch and then make cakes with the leftovers packed with a panko/parm crust. And risotto balls with a chunk of mozzarella and baby peas in the middle for the freezer. (rolled in panko/parm). Risotto really firms up in the fridge overnight like polenta so I wait till day two to shape.

I did not answer your miso question properly. I stock the white for miso soup when I add shrimp/seafood or want it to be a light delicate broth/or glaze. And the traditional red for a beef or pork broth noodle bowl/Pho. And the brown rice one for another darker glaze/broth. The darker ones make a nice glaze for salmon or the eggplant Nasu.

I only have a pic of the steak cubes going on the griddle, lol. Cell phone went looney. But I did make a favorite fresh halved cherry tom/tarragon side to go with it. (and an onion ring appetizer) : )

Been harvesting from this early plant for a few weeks. (Terrenzo)

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Sleevendog.....steak cubes, how intriguing!

2MD your pics of the salmon and asparagus are amazing! I love the way they look. I'll bet it was so good. As far as your hubby......sometimes, or often the less they know the better!!!

Annie I thought the white (Alpine) strawberries were un-ripened ones. I've never seen nor heard of them.

The grilled chicken thighs that Elery made are done perfectly. Your broccoli looks so tempting as well, a nice bright green.

Ruthanna, this heat is sticking around far too long. We do get in the 30°C temps, but not for a week or more in a row. Usually a day or 2 then it cools off, then rises again, which is quite tolerable.

Your cold ham dinner sounds divine. I've got the urge now.

I picked up some small zucchinis on sale and we'll grill them along with some peppers and onions as a side dish this weekend. I like grilled eggplant as well, but hubby can take or leave it, unless it's in a grilled vegetable sandwich, which we both enjoy. You're doing lots of experimenting with eggplant, Sleevendog.

I don't have any pics to share, I just wanted to catch up! :-)

• cathyinpa
    5 years ago

Power outages have been doing more frying than I have past couple of days. And then, then .... I read about folks actually liking sauerkraut .... what a week! HA JK! LOL! I have lots left over. BTW, thanks to everyone for the rib support LOL! As my mom would say, "Such a nice group:)."

2Many -- I'll dig out that rub, and put on a separate post. Cause you know we need to talk potato salad. You can have the sauerkraut, I'll have potato salad and then lets just get some wine :))))))! And the smoked mac 'n cheese? Reinforced!!!!!!! I will never get a smoker. I read that and Oh. my. word. Willpower? Out the window! I can almost imagine how I'd feel after a day with smoked mac 'n cheese in the house. Those short ribs look outstanding, and I love carrots in the IP for some reason (other veg, not so much). There is an oldie but goodie PC author Lorna Sass. From her: When I make pea soup, I leave the carrots in about 3" length and then cut after. They cut like butter. I also sometimes leave some carrots in knowing they may get obliterated but add to sauce/texture and then micro some a bit to put in right after removing lid to be a bit al dente (hmm did I spell that right HA!?) And your second slate of pics? Magazine worthy! Thyme? I love risotto in the IP!

Neely -- We haven't had steak forever! Gosh, that looks good and now I'm craving scalloped potatoes. And whatever that pottery is in the background is beautiful!

Ruthanna -- Can you share a bit about the cauliflower salad? Very intrigued. Now I want some ham.

Annie -- I'm laughing over the sour cherry and your mom. And the pie portioning HAHAHA! And the potato salad possibly gets the "hp" notation -- has potential:) And by the way, I'd consider myself a good match with Elery and those berries. NOTHING BETTER!

Sleevendog -- you're killing me showing me that tomato plant. I had TWO, count em, TWO grape tomatoes just getting ready -- gone! Killing me! I've fenced out groundhogs, deer, bunnies, (chipmunks get their own master plan) and now I have to exclude birds. Your risotto ball idea has my wheels spinning big time.

Made some Chicken Alfredo that you've all seen before. Ironically, DH and I are watching Godfather I and II so there have been a lot "Fredo" comments while he's eating, (also "leave the gun, take the cannoli" "How's Pauli?" comments etc. etc. etc.) My husband has it fairly memorized. Dad asked for some pizza, so started it last night, finished and delivered with some 'fredo this morning. There is salad too:)

You've seen this pizza before, but you've never seen my hand:)

The crust was kinda meh, so I thought I'd take the pic with butterfly weed in the background as a distraction.

CathyinSWPA

• neely
    5 years ago

Wow this thread really races along.

2Many, as Jasdip mentioned, your photo of the salmon and asparagus is fantastic and all other meals look yummy as well.

Cathy, love that pizza.

Ruthana, what a darling plate of ham and Lebanese cauliflower. Love all cauliflower dishes.

Sleevendog, great meals as usual. I love eggplant, hubby not so much.

I have made seafood lasagne Sherry and I remember it was good.

Annie, good on you for sticking to healthy eating and trying new ways for it to be tasty as well. Raspberries are my favourite fruit and although I try to grow them, I think the hot weather doesn't allow them to thrive. Yours I could eat off the screen.

Now, our dinner last night was left over Italian sausage which I used in sauce with spaghetti.

• Jasdip
    5 years ago

Holy crap, Cathy. Your crust looks incredible!! So light and airy. Yet it was just meh. Thank heavens for the butterfly bush! Hahahaha. I'm still laughing!

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Thank you again Sleevendog! Your steak cubes are clever – and I bet it’s lovely to sear them with that shape! I’m not suffering envy from your tomatoes at this time as my neighbor gave me some lovely tommy-toes. I’ll be envious later, though!

I ransacked every darned bin for panko, and I can’t find them so I guess I didn’t leave them unpacked… I’m going to pick some up today as I’d love to try your risotto idea! Of course, then I’ll find my panko crumbs.

Jasdip, those are some wise words regarding what not to tell DH about ingredients in dishes (especially seafood)! He gave me the stink eye for weeks after pho ga, even though he thoroughly enjoyed it. What’s up with that! If it’s not ‘fried taters’ (which he loves to call them just to bug me) it is alien to the man! Eh, he’s getting better though : ) I should have his palette and mind trained in another 10 years…

Cathy, I gotta make this short as it’s a long running about day for me, but you had me in stitches as I read your post last night! Have I told you lately how much I adore you?!

Thank you for posting your rub, and I did do the quid pro quo thing (and immediately my mind jumps to Silence of the Lambs) and posted the herbed potatoes in a thread called: "Share your hot weather simple recipes", but I’m not seeing it show up. I’ll give it a day because sometimes they pop up later. Darned Houzz. It was listed in my Activity, now it’s not. Argh! Ok, I’ll bring the potato salad so long as I know your ziti is awaiting. And I'm bringing several bottles of wine. Expect an extended stay! …although, now that I’ve seen your hand… LOL! BTW, I was NOT distracted by the background ; ) I was distracted by your pizza. Oh gosh what I wouldn’t give for that pizza…

Neely, you and others are gonna have to stop commenting so nicely about some of my photos – I take them in a dimmed room torn-apart room, without my readers (glasses) so I never know what they look like until I upload them, and I’m getting the big-head (huge grin!!!). Thank you. Honestly? Everyone’s meals always look so much tastier than mine to me, and your spaghetti with Italian sausage – just the perfect amount of sauce, onion, sausage, parm ratio… Gosh that photo is killing me as much as sleevendog’s lobster roll! I love spaghetti.

Ann_t, are you out there? I hope all is well. I’ve not seen one of your pizzas or baguettes in far too long!

Annie, quick mention here – I do prepare cheese, fruit, bread, crackers and relish trays all the time! DH and I both love relishes : ) And like others here, I continually admire your dedication to healthy eating.

Poofed ribs, corn/tomato/onion/basil salad (either posted in a thread or will re-post tomorrow because Houzz is spacey), and julienne 'taters for DH ; ) No pics, we ate it too fast!

Original Author
    5 years ago

Wow, already at 98posts. Soon I will no longer have to drool over that lobster roll... : )

(prices went up but I'll go for a couple more anyway)

I'm steak OCD, hence the cube. When I get my meat for burger grinding...brisket, beef short rib, chuck...I have him cut two very thick shell steaks. I get three cubes out of each, sometimes four. That is three-4 meals. 6-8 cubes. My trimmings and the tail end go into the burger grind. Use my steak rub for both. I dry age them a bit uncovered in the fridge. They freeze great in food saver bags.

I don't use a screaming hot smoking pan. I don't want burnt, just a nice sear on all 6 sides. Always rare in the middle.

Original Author
    5 years ago

I should post another lobster roll for #362 , lol. (teasing)

Someone else's turn...we have been having the same ol' salad variations.

Original Author
    5 years ago

2MD, if you google image 'arancini' you'll get lots of ideas. They sell them all over NYC in Italian delis. Usually the size of softballs. I don't fry. They bake great or pan sear. I have some in the freezer from the last risotto. Even nice to drop a couple in winter soups.

are-ahhn-chee-knee, HERE

• annie1992
    5 years ago

I'm going to add to this one and let someone else with a pretty picture start the next thread, because I had leftovers for supper, LOL, I was busy with the Monkey Princess making Fair entries!

Sleevendog, those steak cubes are very interesting, I like that. If you start the next thread with a lobster roll, though, I'm going to have to hunt you down. And then.....well.....I'll make you fix dinner. Lobster rolls. That'll teach ya!

Cathy, I'm happy to meet your hand. (grin)

Jasdip, I have one single plant of those white berries. The seeds were a gift from my stepson, who thought they were "cool". They are, but have you ever tried to plant teeny tiny strawberry seeds? Ahem. Anyway, I got ONE to grow, and the tiny berries taste kind of tropical, maybe a pineapple overtone. All the kids love them, but there's never enough and they are so small. Interesting, though.

Neely, I like sausage in pasta sauce, so much more interesting than the ground beef I grew up with.

As for my healthy eating, I just keep plugging along. We don't eat lunch and don't snack, so you'd think I'd be losing weight like crazy, but no. Elery, though, has lost about 3 times as much as I have, so he's happy. Me, I'm just hungry and I miss baking!

Annie

Original Author
    5 years ago

He is on his way. When you get your fill, send him to the next LobsterRoll deprived address, : )

• 2ManyDiversions
    5 years ago

Uh, that'd be me : )