SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liludallas16

Yellowing & dropping rubber plant leaves

liludallas16
5 years ago

bought a rubber plant about a month ago, and have watered it once three weeks ago because it seemed dry. I think I overwatered it because about week ago its bottom leaves started yellowing and dropping one by one. This is the third leaf to slowly yellow and I’m sure it will drop soon. I have not watered it since that first watering. I also purchased a water soil meter and it does indicate that it’s very moist (still!). I really don’t want it to die! It has also sprouted mushrooms that I’ve since pulled from the plant’s side drain holes, and there are definitely some centipedes in the soil. Not sure if those are connected to the problem.

There also seems to be a few new baby rubber trees starting (pictured) but they haven’t been able to keep any of the small leaves that they produce... is that normal? They just fall off a few days after sprouting.

Anyway, any advice to save it? I have been putting it in more direct sunlight to try and dry it out but it doesn’t seem to be helping. I read somewhere I could take the entire plant out of the pot and put it on newspaper?

Comments (8)