SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_473697236

Help! I'm out of sequence with my Amaryllis,but what to do?

HU-473697236
5 years ago

I'm clearly negligent, but I have had success in the past with this plant Which has always been inside. For several years when I've followed the routine - feed in a cool dark place after the long leaves have turned brown and flowering has finished. Then in the warm sunny place with no feed and up it came - stunning! for 3 years as I remember (So had it for 4 years). Then home distractions caused me to lose this sequence (Or maybe it was losing the will to keep going?!). From what I recall no flower stem came up but I did and still have two long shiny dark green leaves. By now I thought maybe the leaves needed sun and so I gave it sun but no feed. Leaves got longer,very healthy but no flower stem. Now, I must admit I haven't replaced the compost for at least a year, maybe longer?? Before you chastise, bear with..... I now have the long green shiny leaves, but right in the middle of the origin of these leaves are peeping through 2 new leaves. And that's where I stand!

All help about what to do now ( including criticism, "stupid boy!" ) etc very much appreciated

Thank you all !

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions