SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_in_wv

Lady In Red Climber

chris_in_wv (z6/7)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I ordered one set of the Spring Hill Nursery color mix roses for $19.95. Lady In Red was the "red" variety included. This has been blooming for at least a week. I took a few photos today, including a full bush shot. I also posted these at HelpMeFind.com.

Lady In Red Climbing Rose (Please excuse the weeds/volunteer morning glories, it's been raining for days on end here in my neck of the woods. I weeded a week ago and need to do it again. The blooms on the left are hanging their heads due to the heavy rain we had last night/overnight. )

A couple of flowers on the Lady In Red Climber. This was planted bareroot in the ground in mid-March. You can see the reddish new growth topping the two flowers, too. The camera doesn't capture the true bright scarlet color, nor the velvet texture of the petals. The flowers don't blue as they age and hold the color very well. I'd like to see how the color holds up to strong sunshine, too. Due to the two weeks of rain/cloudy skies I guess I see that in person later this summer.

Another shot taken with the flash in daylight. Color is a bit too strong here, but this brilliant scarlet color is stunning. There are a few shadings of darker red in some of the petals which also lend some depth and sumptuous texture. The flower on the lower left is showing a little bit of the open center, but these don't flop open, and hold that high center for several days.

Chris

Comments (55)