SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanie_lee91

New Home - Only Armstrong Flooring available

Jeanie Lee
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello Houzzers,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I currently live in a home in which I laid Somerset Character 5" Engineered Walnut floors throughout the home, both on main and second floors... roughly 3500 sqft. I absolutely love the look of Walnut. Unfortunately, I didn't realize at the time how susceptible the floors are to sun damage, esp when using rugs. Needless to say, the floors have changed colors in areas close to windows.

At present, we are building a new home with NV Homes. Unfortunately, they do not carry the Somerset line, only Armstrong. While there are colors that I do like in the available series, these colors are not provided by NV Homes. I am not sure which color to go with as I know they will change over time.

At first, I was leaning towards the American Scrape Natural; however, I'm worried about the color variation. The higher-end Somerset product had variation also, but it was mostly the same throughout. I saw that Armstrong makes Apple Seed in a warm, creamy brown color. LOVE IT. Apple seed is unfortunately not available to me. I feel that Armstrong's Desert Scrape and Buck Horn are too red for my taste. Walnut Garden seems questionable. Lake Forest isn't too bad either, but for some reason I envision Hickory has being very stripy. Having flooring with higher JANKA ratings would be nice given that I have three boys, but again, the look of Walnut is hard to beat.

Has anyone used Armstrong's American Scrape in the mentioned colors?? What about Prime Harvest floors? Such a difficult choice as it'll be EVERYWHERE. Please help!

Comments (14)