SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinastanton

3000K vs 4000K New Home?

Very torn on color of LED package for new construction. This is a Northwest modern home, white walls, walnut cabinets, raw concrete, white washed hickory floors, exposed steel and lots of glass.

We truly live in this home, and the kitchen. While I love the place to be cozy at night, we spend a lot of our time in the dark during the winter months and I’ve been thinking that using a 4000K light package might actually be better as there’s LOTS of natural light in the home during the day.

We used 4000K lighting in our offices last year and I really enjoy the nice clean light, but I’m torn on how it will feel throughout the house. If we use the 4000K lighting for primary ambient, we will still have 3000K accent fixtures (i.e. chandeliers, dining table light, over eating counter) to be able to set more of a mood in the evening.

Can anyone shed light, pun intended, on their experiences using LED lighting, 3000K appears to be the “go to“ for all residential applications, but I’m sure some of you have taken the plunge to the cleaner white light.

Any and all feedback would be very helpful...

Comments (28)