SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_hankey

Are my quartz countertops ruined?

Kelly Hankey
5 years ago

We had Caesarstone quartz countertops installed on December 5th, 2017. The installers did a great job. When they were finished, they covered with countertops with a heavy duty, adhesive plastic. They did not say that it needed to be removed within a certain time.

We left the plastic on the countertops to keep them protected during tiling, painting, etc. Unfortunately, the completion of our renovation was delayed several months due to health complications. We received our final inspection just yesterday, so I removed the plastic. I was so heartbroken to discover the glue on the plastic left dark streaks all over the countertops. I cleaned them with Weiman quartz countertop cleaner which had no effect. There was no sticky residue, and the surfaces were all smooth when I removed the plastic. Yet they are terribly discolored. Please tell me what can be done to fix this? I have contacted the local company from where they were purchased and installed, but have not heard back from them. I'm hoping someone here will have some answers for me. These countertops were my favorite part of the renovation.

Comments (19)