SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bafcoamina

Furniture Dilemma in Living Room

A J
5 years ago
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble deciding on the best furniture arrangement for my living room/dining room.

There are four zones I would like to establish in this space and I think there’s even room for more! You can see the floor plan of this room in the picture attached here. The dimensions are in meters. Please, ignore the featured furniture arrangement as I don’t want a such a huge sofa to cover those beautiful glass doors. There is a very pleasant view that I wish to use as the focus of this space.

So, back to the zones:
First, of course, I need a zone for the dining room with its buffet table. I am flexible as to the location of the dining space. I am willing to consider any suggested arrangements.

Second, also obvious, I need a zone for the living room with 6-8 seatings. The more seatings the better, as I entertain multiple guests at a time. I don’t really look forward to using ottomans or benches as neither me, my husband, nor my guests feel comfortable sitting on them. I am thinking of having the tv placed on the support wall, just like in the picture (along the short side of the red T). But again, I will consider even changing the location of the entire living room if anyone suggests that.

The third zone consists of a small home office. I am considering having a desk placed at the T-shaped structure. The T-shaped structure marked in red basically exists because there is a support column there (the short side of the T). I was thinking of having a desk made at the long side of the T, to the inside of the room.

At the other side of the T, I was thinking of having a reading nook or maybe 2 chairs and a small table, basically somewhere where people can sit, relax, and enjoy the view with a cup of coffee. These 2 chairs can be used also for the living room, they don’t need to be used entirely for this purpose.

Those are all the zones I need in this space. I am sooo confused as to how to arrange my furniture. I also have no idea what can be done to the area at the left of the large door. I really care about having easy traffic all over this room while also fulfilling my vision.

Although I have given you an idea of what I am planning for this room, I would really appreciate any advice/suggestions even if they are completely different from my views.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance for your help!

Comment (1)