SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kontrella

Patio Design Advice Needed

kontrella
5 years ago

We are in the process of designing a new patio. The current deck is blocking our basement egress and isn't in the greatest shape. There is currently a 16x16 brick paver patio in front of the sunroom with a walkway that runs along the deck to the front of the house (not in great shape and would need a lot of work to look good). We can fix that up and just use stone pavers where the deck and flower bed is and keep the brick patio and walkway or start over. These are the new plans we are working from and I feel like it's almost too big for our needs (and I don't want to pay for space that won't get used). We want to have a dining table and chairs that seat 6-8, a portable fire pit/small sectional or set of chairs around it and a standard grill plus room for maybe an extra lounge chair or hammock. Do you think the round sunroom patio section is needed or should I just put sod there? Would you put anything else in the design like a fireplace or a pergola/gazebo? Sitting ledges around the curves? It's hard to imagine how this would look without the deck because the deck really breaks up the space and makes it less usable. Any insights/feedback are appreciated. Thanks!!

https://st.hzcdn.com/simgstmp/684030af0b14a7f7_tmp-0524/

Comment (1)