SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_14217823988

Small brown ant-like bugs on vegetable plants

5 years ago

hello all,

New member here. South Texas resident... I have these little bugs crawling all over my vegetable plants and all throughout the soil... They almost look like ants, I thought they were spider mites at first but now I'm not so sure.

tried using Sevin Dust on the soil, has little to no effect on them... Or if it does, maybe they're just coming back too quickly for me to notice!

not sure if you can tell by the picture, but the head is black with antenna, there is a small midsection and the thorax is brown/whitish brown.

A few of my plants are starting to look a little stressed, Drooping leaves and whatnot. following a regular feeding and watering schedule so I'm not sure if it's the bugs doing this. Either way these things can't be good for the plants.

Does anybody know what these little insects are and how to get rid of them? My plants are in containers on my apartment porch, they seem to be crawling up the staircase, tunneling through the Wood banister and emerging on the other side and into my containers. Thank you for any help anyone can provide!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner