SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane__ny

A good Modem/Router

jane__ny
5 years ago

We have Comcast.

We have had nothing but problems with our wireless. Computers slow or 'no connection.' Even our iPhones have times where they can't connect. Many times I have to shut off wireless to use it on LTE.

I have had numerous visits from them, each tech finds something wrong in the installation and says all is well now. Never is. Same problems.

They have changed the modem but the problems persist.

Before Comcast we had Verizon with no problems except their customer service and prices. Then Verizon sold out to Frontier. We had them for two years and had more problems.

We switched to Comcast, big mistake. The problems we had in the past with the other companies pale to Comcast.

We are locked into a two year contract unfortunately. I'd be tempted to try to break it because of the poor service since installed four months ago. But, I don't know how.

I've decided the problems stem from the modem/router. The wireless signal is terrible. Even the TV's freeze up and forget streaming anything. I can't deal with them anymore.

I want to replace their modem with another, but don't know a thing about them.

We live in Florida and have a typical ranch house. This is not a large home.

I came across TP-Link routers. They have very good reviews but its just a router. I want to replace both modem and router.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jane

Comments (18)