SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
architecturalnovice

LG Refrigerator Advice

I am still trying to decide on a new refrigerator and have been doing lots of research on-line and in appliance stores. I also posted previously in Houzz. I have decided on a single door, bottom freezer refrigerator but am unsure of the brand.

I stopped by an appliance store this past weekend and saw a floor model of the LG LDCS24223S 24.1 cu. ft. bottom freezer refrigerator which I absolutely loved. It was spacious and nicely designed. It has the biggest cu. ft. capacity for refrigerators of that dimension.

I went home and read reviews on several websites which were highly favorable.

However, when I looked at LG appliance reviews on Houzz, frankly I was scared to death as people report LG refrigerators experiencing problems down the road, catching fire, not lasting, etc.

Now I don't know what to do. My husband said maybe the favorable reviews I was reading were from new owners of the refrigerator (things are fine at first but then deteriorate).

Anyone have this particular refrigerator or can offer any advice in general on LG refrigerators?

I should add that we plan to replace all our appliances next year and we like to buy all the same brand of appliances (which I know isn't necessary). I have also been interested in Maytag which offers all of their appliances in fingerprint resistant stainless steel.

Thank you.

Comments (5)