SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honebeink

Conundrum with architectural style and decor...

Kimberly
5 years ago

We moved from an older, established neighborhood and loved our old brick tudor house. The house was a bit larger, but decorated in my desired style of classic antiques/with a mix of farmhouse. This home is in the suburbs and is much larger and not old too old. We are having a difficult time pinpointing just what style it is. While we love our new home, we are at a loss as to how to decorate it with furnishings and lighting that reflect our personal style preference. The interior and exterior are unsmooth stucco and there are travertine floors throughout the interior. I really dislike the flooring, but the expense to change to hardwood is not something we feel we would recover our costs in the future so I have used rugs to cover as much of the floor surface as possible. We want to know if we are "chained" to decorating the interior of this house to match the exterior style, or is it OK for me to decorate using the style to which I'm drawn? Any help with style and decorating ideas is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (8)