SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jskimdances

Window treatments living room

jskimdances
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Looking for advice on affordable (<$200/per) window treatments for a west facing living room. We bought the house last year and are slowly redoing the room. Windows are 23"x49" - 5 total. Electric heaters so no floor length curtains with kids (so lower maintenance is better) and no AC. Preference for inside mount but shallow window depth of 1". No privacy issues and nice view so primary use is décor where I want to maintain the view and sunset shade.

With inside mount and specs, generally people have been steering me to cordless cellular shades. They will likely provide the cleanest look, energy efficient and short stack if raised most of the time. However, I can't seem to get past the look even with upgraded fabrics.

I originally liked Roman shades but would likely need outside mount and not crazy about that look. However, outside mount would likely interfere less with view and be more decorative.

Any thoughts on which way to go or other options? Pics below and disregard couch, that will go eventually. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Comment (1)