SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsey_rogers88

Mixing modern and traditional/antique

Lindsey Rogers
6 years ago

Our living room is mostly traditional/antique inspired, although we've got a mix of decor that we've acquired over the years, including some more rustic and farmhouse-y pieces that we can't necessarily afford to replace at this time. After much searching for a coffee table (and saving), we fell in love with a mid-century modern piece from West Elm, but I'm not convinced it works in the space. It just looks too sleek and "clean" to me, and perhaps too wide for our small living room. My husband disagrees and really loves the coffee table, so I'm looking for some other opinions to either dismiss or confirm my suspicions.

I think the modern lamps that we just bought help pull the two styles together, but I'm not sure it's enough. What do you think?

(Please ignore my mess - we're in the process of getting everything moved around and organized! I also realize that we need a new chair... eventually)

Here's the other side of the room. I'm in the process of re-painting the TV stand, so you'll see that it's got a few different colors on it. We're planning to try and sell some of the other decor, such as the ladder, and probably get some new curtains soon that work better in the space.

Also, FYI that we're renters and can't do much with color or remodeling of the room, although we're planning to move in about a year so we can get out the basement!

Comments (16)