SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mother2six17

DIYer seriously in need of design ideas

mother2six17
6 years ago

The kitchen and dining room of our split foyer are so closed in and the kitchen is rather dark. We are removing the wall between the kitchen and dining room to expand the kitchen. We have other options for dining/eating, though a few stools at an island would be convenient, there isn't necessarily a need to eat in the kitchen. It just needs tons of storage and function. We use a lot of small appliances daily so an area of counter and cabinets is needed for this. We keep going back and forth on how we will do this. We have no real budget to do this, but I tore out the cabinets a few years ago and have used wire metal shelving, I am ready to tear out the wall (definitely not load bearing), and begin to find cabinets for sale, but I need a clear vision. This first picture is the basic floor plan I found online with some adjustments. The second is more to scale and has an idea we all seem to like, but I think it is a very unconventional layout, and might have some flaws we are missing, some of you designers out there probably have a lot better ideas. Would love some thoughts on this. Thank you in advance!

Comments (20)